“good as usual”
Review of Punthill Knox

Punthill Knox
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I booked the Knox for my mom's friends to stay during my brother's wedding. Great location (corner of Stud Rd. and Burwood Hwy) and rooms are clean as usual! Really close to Knox Westfield.

p.s. I stayed in Punthill Oakleigh last time

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Michele B, Guest Relations Manager at Punthill Knox, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear wingyau,
Thanks for your review of Punthill Knox.
Great to hear that your friends enjoyed their stay, and that you have also enjoyed Punthill Oakleigh in the past!
We look forward to welcoming you back to Punthill in the future.

There are newer reviews for Punthill Knox

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have stayed here whilst in Melbourne for business several times and have always enjoyed the place. The apartments are clean, modern and are a home away from home with a washing machine, dryer, kitchen, full size fridge and a large bathroom.
Never had any issues with staff always willing to go the extra mile.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rachael L

Dear Rachael L,
Thank you for your review of Punthill Knox.
As a repeat guest to Punthill, we are delighted that you always have such enjoyable stays, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Me and my wife stayed here last night and where really disappointed we arrived during staffed hours to check in and found the front desk unstaffed once we checked in we went to movies on out way back at midnight out key would not work and we had to wait outside in cold for manager to let us in I found her customer service terrible she did not appogise for error which I found quit offensive overall it's in a great location and rooms are clean however staffing is an issue

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Weekender111
Michele B, Guest Relations Manager at Punthill Knox, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Dear Weekender111,
Thank you for your comments regarding Punthill Knox.
We have spoken with the managers and they are very upset that their level of service was not up to their usual high standard. They assure us that this will never happen again.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Punthill sometime in the future.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed in the apartments with some sporting teams, around 50 of us in total, the rooms were great, very well appointed, had everything we needed including washing machines and dryers, invaluable to us over that weekend. The staff were fantastic, in particular the duty manager while we were there, Alistair, so helpful in getting our huge number of bags in and up to the rooms, printing directions to places etc, thank you so much! Would definitely recommend this to anyone heading to Melbourne.

Room Tip: All the rooms used by the teams were great and even the ground floor ones didn't have a noise pr...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank evie5610
Michele B, Guest Relations Manager at Punthill Knox, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear evie5610,
Thanks for taking the time to provide your review of Punthill Knox.
We are delighted that you and your sporting group had such an enjoyable stay and we hope to welcome you back to Punthill in the future.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed at this Aparthotel recently through work and found the accommodation to be clean, spacious, well serviced and quiet considering the location on a major intersection. Great beds with the added bonus of a second flat screen in the bedroom.

Having read previous reviews in relation to service, and having experienced deceptive hotel staff in the past (here's looking at you, Fraser Place in Melbourne), I was polite to the staff on arrival and departure, and could not have asked for more. The staff were pleasant to deal with and maybe, just maybe, have taken on board previous comments.

I would recommend to anyone on business trips, however due to the location, would advise tourists and couples to avoid, unless having specific needs in the area. Too far for CBD.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Pumperman
Michele B, Guest Relations Manager at Punthill Knox, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear Roundtheworlders,
Thank you for your comments regarding Punthill Knox.
This property was strategically located to capture the corporate market in the Knox area.
We do continue to train and re-train staff and love it when this is successful.
We hope to welcome you back to Punthill in the future.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed here for a second time for one night in February 2013.

We had two rooms, joined by a common entrance.

The main room featured a large living/kitchen/dining area with cooking facilities, dining table, couch and entertainment unit. Off the main living area where another two rooms, a bathroom/laundry and bedroom. The bathroom had a large shower/bath combo, a large vanity, and there was also a washer/dryer. The main bedroom had a king size bed with bedside tables, built in robe and a wall mounted tv.

The second room was a kitchen/bedroom combo with a bathroom. Not as spacious as the first, but it is meant to be added as a second bedroom. This room was as well prepared and clean as the main room.

You could comfortably live here, as many of the residents do on the high floors.

However, this was not the case with my last stay, but the king bed in the main room was absolutely horrible. I can honestly say, I have never slept in a bed that was more uncomfortable. There must be a attachable pillow top that they have installed on the mattress, and it makes it almost un-sleepable. Had it not been so late at night when I returned to the room I would have asked to be moved. The bed was lumpy and with a height difference of probably up to 15 cm from the highs to the troughs of this unacceptable pillow top. It was like sleeping on a bed with lots of awkwardly arranged pillows under the fitted sheet.

I mentioned the bed to reception on the way out and they were clearly aware of it, would this not be reason to remove it? Or buy a new mattress?

I would stay here again, just not in the same bed!

Room Tip: check that the bed is comfy
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Michele B, Guest Relations Manager at Punthill Knox, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear josh-aus,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your review of Punthill Knox.
We are thrilled to know that you are a return guest ot the property, but concerned that you had an unsatisfactory night's sleep during this most recent stay. The beds do have a luxurious mattress topper on them, which most of our guests find to be extremely comfortable, however these can be removed upon request for a firmer bed. The staff is of course aware that we use the toppers. Next time you stay, please tell us that you find the topper uncomfortable. The mattresses are excellent quality and we are sure you will be more than comfortable.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Punthill sometime soon.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Had an overnight stay here, as had a function that I needed to attend that was close by. Check-in took more than twenty minutes, as the man at reception could not seem to work out my age (there was a calculator sitting next to him). He asked me 10 different ways what my age was, did not believe me that I was eighteen (even though he had been staring at my passport for the past twenty minutes) and eventually called the manager who said it was okay to check me in. No apology was given for the amount of time it took to check me in or for the ordeal.

Thankfully the apartment was lovely, I booked a one bedroom apartment, which had a large bathroom, balcony, fully-equipped kitchen and a great lounge room.

While the room was brilliant, the service was shocking and I would not stay here again. Even the staff who see you walking through the corridors do not say hello.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank BenL94
Michele B, Guest Relations Manager at Punthill Knox, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear BenL94,
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the apartments at Punthill Knox although very sad to hear that your check in experience was less than satisfactory.
Measures do need to be taken to ensure that single guests travelling are 18 years of age or over, however this process should be quick and efficient. We are constantly training and re-training staff and will address this issue without delay.
We hope that we are able to welcome you back to Punthill in the future.
Kind regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wantirna
Quality Inn & Suites Knox
#1 of 3 in Burwood
Quest Mont Albert
Quest Mont Albert
#1 of 2 in Box Hill

Been to Punthill Knox? Share your experiences!