We booked 18 months ago for 2 deluxe ocean view units for Melbourne Cup weekend. We are Wyndham owners and when we arrived at reception we were greeted by a very rude woman who had either PMT or didn't like guests booking in. We were given our keys for the rooms and we had asked for connecting rooms or at least in same area. One room was on level 1 at one end of building and the other room for our friends was level 2 at the other end. Both rooms were substandard and no ocean views and the beds didn't look they had been changed. We went back to reception to change rooms as these were not deluxe rooms just a standard hotel room.
Asked if we could move to pool side as the ocean views were looking into scrub outside our bedroom and our friends room too. Told by the same rude woman that this is what the deluxe rooms are and we stated it is false advertising of Wyndham to charge exorbitant prices and credits for substandard conditions. The rooms felt dirty as well.
We were told they were booked out and the whole place was only a 1/4 full for the 2 days we were there. We were told Wyndham only have so many rooms and the rest basically facing the pool are privately owned.
The bar was closed as told they only open in busy season. The weekend we were there was Melbourne cup weekend. The restaurant for breakfast was average and with what they advertise as international standard has a lot to live up to.
We have travelled the world and stayed at many different resorts, hotels etc and Wyndham torquay is very substandard.
We will never stay there again as the service was appalling, the staff rude, rooms dirty, no care for guests. Wyndham need to take a good look at this property as Wyndham owners we were extremely disappointed!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Resort Torquay, offers guests stylish and comfortable accommodation, showcasing sweeping views of the beautiful Zeally Bay Beach; located at the gateway to the Great Ocean Road. Torquay is home to the world famous Bells Beach and iconic surf brands including Quicksilver and Ripcurl. Immerse yourself in the epic surf culture of Victorians surf capital and begin your spectacular, Great Ocean Road adventure from the official starting point in Torquay. Wyndham Resorts luxury accommodation features quality hotel rooms and spacious one bedroom apartments, providing a private balcony or patio overlooking the swimming pool, stunning gardens or the magnificent ocean. The exceptional hotel facilities will be sure to complement your stay with us. The Resort features an impressive outdoor swimming pool and spa, fully equipped gym facilities and a full tennis court. During leisure time, a BBQ area, superb function venues and an outstanding restaurant and bar won’t fail to impress. Wyndham Resort Torquay, creates the perfect atmosphere for families and hopeless romantics to kick back and unwind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Resort Torquay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Resort Torquay Hotel Torquay
- Crowne Plaza Torquay
- Wyndham Resort Torquay Victoria