“Staff training to be enhanced”

Wyndham Resort Torquay
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Torquay
Reviewed December 19, 2013

It is new and clean. Stayed for a night and children bed was converted from a sofa bed but they made it comfortable. Attention to details was great and we have everything we need. The bath tub was a bit troublesome for children and elderly to use. Internet was very expensive and staff was not aware that Wifi was free in lobby and wanted to charge me for $10 for 30 mins.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
WyndhamResortTorquay, Duty Manager at Wyndham Resort Torquay, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear Yvonne L,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to provide it. I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay. Please be assured I will be following up with the staff regarding the WiFi, the charges do change depending on your room package. That may have been where the confusion on the staff behalf came from, however I will definitely follow it up.

We hope to welcome you back sometime in the future.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

We stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment, 170, as Worldmark members. The apartment was on the ground floor and the outdoor terrace faced towards the rear/side of the complex, onto the garden area and a neighbouring bushland gully. This position was ideal for us. I noticed that there were many apartments that faced the pool area. This would be fine for those who want to open their sliding doors and jump into the pool (which is lovley and well-landscaped). But those apartments have little privacy so do not appeal to me.
The apartment was modern, large, well-equipped with 2 TVs, a shower over bathtub arrangement and washer/dryer in the bathroom. No oven, just a Miele microwave/grill. Dishwasher.
The bed was just right.
Staff were all helpful and pleasant.
We had dinner at the restaurant, which is on level 3 and had a great view over the ocean. The value was amazing - excellent meals, 2 courses for $28 or 3 for $35, with an extra $5 for steak or seafood.
It is a little isolated from the village, although it's walkable for the enthusiastic. We just drove. There are a couple of small shopping areas in the village. There are also a few surf shops and a golden arches on the main road. There is a variety of places to eat, from pizza to japanese to organic veg, and a few cafes.
Torquay is a lovely place with a beautiful beach. It's obviously popular as a weekend escape for Melburnians, but we Sydneysiders found it to be well worth a visit, and would love to return.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear fally,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent stay here with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, the apartments over looking the bush land are definitely private and provide a great view. I will pass on your feedback to our Latitude 38 team and reception team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

We had a 3 night stay on a package. I would recommend a package as it offers a great discount.
Rooms were nice but wasn't serviced for the entire stay. Bins were overflowing by the time we left and room service plates from previous guests stayed outside our door for 2 days.
Package was great but a letter to say what is included and how to book dinner, massages etc would of been handy.
Dinner was the best restaurant meal I have had in a long time! Great fresh and healthy food - highly recommend!

• Stayed: November 2013
WyndhamResortTorquay, Duty Manager at Wyndham Resort Torquay, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear Beachtime01,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at Wyndham Resort Torquay. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us. The packages are a great idea, the escape relax and unwind package definitely is great value. Thank you for your feedback I will look into producing a letter with all details for our packages. I will definitely pass on your comments to the restaurant also.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Nice clean rooms . Friendly pleasant staff upon checking in. Spacious rooms . Made use of indoor pool as a chilli change to weather we didn't brave the outdoor pool. Free car parking . Internet was ridiculously expensive . Free wifi in the lobby. Only a little to far away from the cafés bars and clubs .

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Delishldish,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback following your recent stay. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here with us. We do have very spacious rooms and it is a shame about the weather but I am happy you made use of our indoor pool.

I hope to welcome you back to the resort when you next visit this region.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Love the Wyndham resort: good foods, very nice and huge room with kitchen, beautiful beaches and services. I likes my dinner. The room is very quiet. I loved walking on the beaches in the morning. Highly recommended. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear HTK L,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Wyndham Resort Torquay, we greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay here with us, the beaches here are definitely beautiful.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I participated in a conference where only a proportion of the staff attended. While the topics left a bit to be desired, the Wyndham Resort more than made up for the lack of engagement by missing collegues.

The meals were good, the amenities well maintained, and the rooms were quiet, clean and yes, I will be going back. I was also impressed with the secure underground car parking.

I might add that the views are simply stunning.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Stewart A,

Thank you for providing us with some great feedback, I am sorry to hear about your conference however happy that your stay here at The Wyndham Resort Torquay made up for that.

We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Wyndham Beach Resort - Torquay for our 5th Wedding Anniversary.
We booked a great romantic package - 3 nights - upsized to a 1 bedroom apartment, 3 course dinner for 2 in the Latitude 38 Restaurant, Aromic Massage for 2 at the Day Spa, free in-house movie, Hot breakfast daily, free bottle of Champagne, local wine and box of chocolates upon arrival - all for $600 (normal package would be in excess of $1350).
It was perfect!!

The weather in Torquay was awful (rainy and cold for this time of year) but staying at the Wyndham more then made up for it.

The room was spacious / light and clean. The bed was comfy and the whole atmosphere of the resort was exactly what we were after.
From check in through to check out - everything was brilliant! Staff were attentive and friendly, carparking was easy and the distance from the hotel to the Town Centre was only a walk away (about 2km).

I used the gym facilities whilst I was there and was thankful that it had everything I required for my workout!

Our only complaint was that the bedroom was a bit warm at night and didn't have any cooling available (we had to open the door at night in order to get some air flow).

Other then that we would definitely stay at the Wyndham Beach Resort in Torquay again!

Room Tip: We were in the room located right next to the reception / conference centre and there happened to be...