“A good golf hotel, well placed for Torquay & beaches”

Peppers The Sands Resort Torquay
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Torquay
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Firstly, the Sands golf course is a good one and secondly the hotel is good too - it exceeded my expectations. The hotel is a short walk away from a lovely beach. It is a short drive away from Torquay itself (which is a nice little place). The food in the hotel was good and the staff very good.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
niccii, General Manager at Peppers The Sands Resort Torquay, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Dear D-Jones25,

Thank you for your recent post. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Our golf couse; The Sands was recentley named in the top 100 courses in Australia. Our course team do an amazing job making sure it is in perferct condition.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back. Look out for our next special which will be for winter.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 14, 2012

We got a Mystery Hotel from Wotif and found out that it was Peppers The Sands Torquay. The room was well appointed and very clean. The resort itself is very nice and has a golf course on site.

Peppers is about 2 mms from town and very quiet with a nice stretch of beach across the road.

as commented on by other reviewers we found the staff to be cheerful and helpful.

Our room overlooked the carpark and we had to pay extra to have a golf course view but we were allocated the room that we had booked. The only grizzle was that while the internet was free that weekend the actual broadband reception was poor.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a view of the golf course rather than overlooking the carpark.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
niccii, General Manager at Peppers The Sands Resort Torquay, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2012

Dear Laura,

Thank you for your recent post. I am glad you enjoyed your friends wedding.

I have to agree with you.....we have a great resort but, our fantastic staff is what makes us extra special. Over the last 12 months our rating from our mystery shopper service shows that we have increased by over 15%....we are rated very high in customer service and we will continue to improve until we are at 100%.

Thanks again,

Reviewed April 13, 2012

Recently stayed for 3 nights and found this location perfect for me as it's very quiet and away from the busiest parts of Torquay. I also prefer this end of the beach as it's less crowded and from the Sands it's only a short walk over the road. The room was lovely and clean and the staff very helpful and pleasant. The room I was given overlooked the golf course on the ground floor and I really like the large sliding glass door that opens up to the course. The staff also respected my privacy when the 'Do not disturb' sign was placed outside the door, an obvious request you might think but not all hotels respect this. Overall a great place to stay at a reasonable price. Would go back anytime.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms overlooking the golf course are easy to access and much nicer to look out from.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I attended a wedding recently at The Sands and found all my encounters with staff to be excellent. On check in the Receptonist was welcoming and always willing to assist including cutting tag off my new dress for me. The night Room Service Attendant has a big smile and was happy at 2am. The housekeeper took time out of her busy schedule to explain the air conditioner to me, unprompted. The bar staff found someone to make me a mojito and then continued to make them for us and deliver to our table.
A hotel is a hotel (yours is clean and well presented) but the staff make a stay memorable and it wasn't just one who went beyond my expectations but several. A great culture! Well done and thanks!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We loved our stay at Peppers. Our view was amazing from our room and the staff were all very friendly and only too happy to help us.

The pool was closed early as it was a public holiday. This was the only downfall as we didn't realise!

Would definately stay here again as the location was fantastic, 2 minute walk to White's Beach that is a beautiful spot.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
niccii, General Manager at Peppers The Sands Resort Torquay, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Dear NICSA085, Thank you for your post. You rated us 5 out of 5!! I am dleighted you enjoyed.

Your comment will be noted and be considered when making further decisions. Our pool is part of the private health club. It is an amazing resort health club. Great cardio room, large weights room, 25 metre heated lap pool and personal training is offered but, it does close a little earlier on public holidays.

Whites Beach...I have to agree with you. It is a great private beach...I wish I has more time to sneak over there!! Maybe this weekend....It is warming up again.

Safe travels,

Reviewed April 6, 2012

We stayed 3 nights during Easter break and I have to say this is one of the best place I've stayed in this price range. Room are spacious, clean, service is great, good location. Would recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Labadensflore

Dear Labadensflore,

Thank you for your recent post. I am glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Our aim is to provide great value for money everyday.

Thanks again,

Reviewed March 27, 2012

The location suited us to a tee! My husband played golf while I relaxed at the beach which was so conveniently located across the road.
We stayed at the far end of the hotel which meant a long way to walk if we needed assistance or to see reception staff, however, it seemed quieter , so we didn't mind. The corridors of the 2ndbuilding could do with some air conditioning - in January it was very warm and stuffy each time we walked to our room.
Would have appreciated a trolley to help us transport luggage to the 2nd floor , we offloaded luggage from car via the stairs, but found the lift was at the other end of building AFTER we unpacked. Staff failed to provide this information at check in. A 5 night stay is more than an overnight bag.....
A little shocked to see, when housekeeping serviced the room that they washed the crockery and cutlery in the bathroom sink and failed to vacuum until day 4.
Despite this though, we had a lovely stay and would probably return when next in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms close to beach end mean a long walk to reception but seem a lot quieter
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SydneyGlossy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torquay
Wyndham Resort Torquay
#1 of 5 in Torquay
Great Ocean Road Resort
Great Ocean Road Resort
#1 of 1 in Anglesea

Been to Peppers The Sands Resort Torquay? Share your experiences!