“If you do not know what you are doing when it comes to surfing, see these guys because they are knowledgable and will spend the ”

Torquay Surfing Academy
Book In Advance
More Info
$49.54*
and up
Two Hour Surf Lesson in Torquay on the Great Ocean Road
More attraction details
Owner description: Torquay Surfing Academy. We offer surfing lessons for all ages and abilities! Lessons held around Torquay and the Surf Coast daily. Surfboard hire also available, as well as body boards, wetsuits, kayaks, Stand Up Paddleboards and bikes. Contact us today!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

Awesome considering we had been to another place in NSW who did not offer 1/2 these guys did in regards to training and charged more per person. Would recommend to anyone with kids. By the end of the session all my 3 kids were able to stand up for a short time with my 2 oldest being able to surf at least 10 to 20 seconds. Darryn Egan

Visited April 2014

Adelaide, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Brilliant service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

Me, my partner and friend went to the surf shop whilst driving through Torquay and stopped off to try our hands at surfing. We'd left it too late to book a lesson, so Gally kindly showed us the basics in the shop and off we went. He was really helpful, and didn't need to do that for us. After a quick practice on the floor, (With the help of Remi the wonder dog) we hit the surf. Our first time was amazing and were hooked. Afterwards you can have a hot shower out the back to wash away the salt (Brilliant considering we live in our camper van). We have since surfed again at Lorne and the staff at that rental shop weren't very helpful and no hot shower! Overall Gally made our first experience a great one and we thank him for that. Would definitely recommend this surf academy.

1 Thank Amy S
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best surf shop ever :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

Definitely now considering taking up surfing as a hobby. We learned the basics, and rented our boards from here. I realy enjoyed the whole experience. Remi the surfing dog was ridiculously cute and we even got hot showers at the end which were well needed :)

1 Thank Warenmbool
Ferntree Gully, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unexpected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Having never surfed before and having no expectations of doing a good job of it, I turned up feeling excited and terrified at this new experience. The guys made me feel instantly at ease not to mention Remi (the dog) who won my love at first sight!! Kev was extremely thorough and very, very patient with me but I also didn't feel like he was just trying to get me through it so I would have a good time. I had to "pass" kindergarten before he would graduate me to the next class and after all that, I did manage to stand up quite a few times, which really took me by surprise. Whole experience was amazing, I would highly recommend the Torquay Surfing Academy.

1 Thank Andrea J
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

Great people, really easy to deal with . Kev is awesome!! I had a great day! I had never surfed before and I felt really comfortable and at ease. Do it!

1 Thank Kath J