“NOT ALLERGY FRIENDLY! - Ocean Dreaming”

Saltair Spa Retreat Torquay
Book In Advance
More Info
$109.83*
and up
Torquay Luxury Signature Massage
More attraction details
Owner description: Saltair Day Spa is the perfect setting to start the Great Ocean Road journey as you relax, unwind and enjoy stunning views of rolling green hills and crystal blue oceans from the comfort of our relaxation room. Captivate your senses while your stresses melt away in our spas or indulge in a complete menu of day spa treatments that are created to provide the ultimate in pampering and relaxation.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“NOT ALLERGY FRIENDLY! - Ocean Dreaming”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I emailed salt air prior to booking a treatment to ensure they could cater for my allergies. I recieve both a confirmation email and follow up phone call to say they could cater for me.

So i booked in for a salt exfoliation, mineral mud wrap, head treatment massage, facial with special attention to hands and feet.

However when I got there I was told I couldn't have the wrap as I was allergic to the product. I let it go as I wasn't going to let it ruin my experience.

1/2 way through the massage there was a constant loud noise, which when I asked I was told was coming from the spa and would only last 30 minutes. - my relaxing was over then and there. Any time someone walked in the halls you could hear it as well as the person on reception. Not a relaxing atmosphere at all!

My treatment finished, I asked when I was getting the head treatment and hand/foot treatment I was told I couldn't as I was allergic to the products.

I complained to reception as I had pre warned them & was told I'd be fine. Clearly they were keen to take my $300 and not worry. I'm still waiting for them to contact me to discuss.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank andy19pandy82
Ben M, Manager at Saltair Spa Retreat Torquay, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
At Saltair we pride ourselves in using the Best Australian Spa Product, Treatments and individualising to every guest. Having being fully informed of the Allergy situation certain ingredients in the Mud and Silk hair treatment couldn't be used. To give the available time allocated we extended the Massage using LI'TYA oils, performed and extended Desert Mineral Salt Scrub, Derma-Cosmeceutical Nimue Products used with the Facial Treatment and to further give for the time and cost in the Hand and Feet Treatments Paraffin upgrade was used. I believe an offer to change the mud treatment component to an upgraded Pedicure or Manicure but was refused. The therapists did what they could in the circumstances.

I'm informed that the main issue was the mud treatment not being able to be performed, unfortunately our highly active ingredients are not comparable with the Allergy conditions explained on the day.

The Spa Manager left a voice message on your answering the following Day as a courtesy call but we haven't heard back and we welcome you to contact us any time to discuss whenever you wish. Kind Regards, Ben.

“Two words, absolute bliss!”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I purchased an ocean dreaming massage for my mum and I, as a surprise for my mums 60th & an excuse to wind down.
Upon arriving, you are greeted with amazing views and just lovely ladies.
We were talked through our treatment, shown to our lockers to put on our robes and then we began our amazing treatment.
Special thanks to Bernie & Serena for making our experience amazing & to Serena in particular who was just wonderful with mum.
Cannot recommend them highly enough & although the price can be off putting, it is definately worth every single penny. Mum already has plans to take my dad back & my sister and I are going for our christmas present to one another. As mum said "everyone needs to experience this". It was honestly 3.5 hours of pure bliss.
We cannot thank you enough ladies! & we will be seeing you soon :)

Visited July 2013
Thankyou for your feedback and our very hardworking and caring therapists will be happy to hear your review. Kind Regards, Ben.
Torquay, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Relaxed and Revived - treating myself”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I never need an excuse to visit Saltair. Every time I sit and sip a relaxing herb tea before my therapist greets me and look out at the amazing view to the sea I start to relax immediately. I recently combined a few signature treatments, the peptide facial feels so luxurious and my skin was plumb and soft for a couple of days after. I also combined the body scrub and massage. The quality aromatherapy products used on my skin smell amazing but also trigger your senses and seems to bring your body back into balance whether you need relaxing or reviving. Thank you Saltair and your experienced staff, I had another wonderful treatment allowing me to get back to my busy life style refreshed and energised - L Penny

Visited July 2013
Thankyou glad to hear our therapists made your anniversary any enjoyable experience together
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Just stunning!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

We arrived and were seated in the waiting room which overlooked stunning hills... We had the ocean dreaming package, 3 hours of bliss! The girls made both myself an my boyfriend very comfy and even though there were a few giggles due to having ticklish feet :) I loved it! Perfect way to spend our 4 year anniversary! Thank you (I will recommend you to all and may even come back again)

Visited June 2013
Ben M, Manager at Saltair Spa Retreat Torquay, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
So glad being part of an anniversary and adding to the memories of the special occasion! Thankyou for your review and feedback which helps us to maintain our high standards. Kind Regards.
Geelong, Victoria, Australia
“Perfection!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Visited Saltair last weekend for a couples Hydrotherapy Spa and 1 hour relaxation massage. It was amazing! Beautiful setup and the staff were so lovely. Would highly recommend Saltair!!!

Visited May 2013