Diamond House Heritage Restaurant and Motor Inn
$69
  • Pool
$89
Priceline
Mountain View Motor Inn & Holiday Lodge(Halls Gap)(Great Value!)
$84
$78
  • Pool
Gariwerd Motel(Halls Gap)(Great Value!)
$85
$82
Hotwire.com
Kookaburra Motor Lodge(Halls Gap)(Great Value!)
$97
$79
Agoda.com
Halls Gap Motel(Halls Gap)(Great Value!)
$79
$75
Motel Stawell(Stawell)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbit datedgood sized bathroomcooked to perfectioncold nightbendavidhostdishaccommodationbonusmotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I've lived here for over four years now - and am KICKING myself that I only just made it to the diamond house tonight! I had friends from out of town visiting, and the Diamond House put on 2 BRILLIANT blues musicians,Chris Wilson and Geoff Achison who put on a most remarkable and memorable performance! The atmosphere was as relaxed as my lounge room, and probably more friendly!! haha... I had THE BEST night at the Diamond House in their cosy lounge, with a stunning bar nearby, and friendly faces throughout...the blues gig wouldn't have been half as good at any other venue.
I know where I'LL be spending EVERY night out in Stawell from now on!! MANY thanks to Dave and Ben for putting on an event that gave each and every guest in your establishment a night to remember!
Fantastic venue! I'M SUPER IMPRESSED!! Consider me a regular from now on!!
:D
I also enquired about buying a voucher for my mother to visit me here in Stawell and was happy to find that I can buy a voucher for a double room for under 100 dollars and it lasts three months after I send it to my mother - BRILLIANT.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Nicole P
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Stayed here for work. Nice comfy rooms at a fair price plus great onsite restaurant also at a reasonable price (rather than the inflated prices that many attached restaurants charge), Being in the centre of town, not also means you are close to all the shops etc but the motel is nice and quite because all that noisy truck traffic (the bane of many country motels!) is all down on the Stawell bypass several kilometres away!

Room Tip: double storey lay out gives you choice of upstairs or downstairs
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank davidhughtaylor
Reviewed April 6, 2013

we found this restaurant completely by accident. we had stayed at the most disgusting motel/restaurant (goldfields motor inn stawell) transferred to the Magdala motel.stawell..very good. Unfortunately there restaurant was closed and they recommended the Diamond House,
well what a surprise we got the food was excellent.. my partner had what he described as the best blue steak he as ever had cooked for him...I par tuck in the confit of duck which was a complete surprise melted in the mouth..i love duck but this took it to another level
Well done to Dave(chef/owner) and his son Ben they are doing a awesome job well worth turning off the hwy for.
next trip we will be trying the rooms...cant comment on them yet

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We found this motel to be good value for a family of 4 on an over night stay. It's certainly nothing flash, but the staff are very friendly and helpful and the property is convenient to food options. The rooms are dates and the beds could do with replacement, but for the price we were happy and comfortable for one night.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 7, 2012

This is where we go for special occasion meals, and where we take visiting friends. Meals are lovely, presentation attractive, similar price to upper end pub meals, good sized portions. Waiting staff are very pleasant and knowledgeable. The deco in the oldest part of this heritage building is tired, and could do with a paint job, but there is a newer building which is excellent for a big family gatherings. We don't need an excuse to eat at the Diamond House restaurant. Can't comment on the motel, as we live locally and don't need accommodation.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends