“Fantastic restaurant”

Comfort Inn Goldfields
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Stawell
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We didn't stay at the motel but ate at the restaurant. Three of us enjoyed a fantastic meal in the motel's restaurant. The staff were extraordinary, very welcoming, friendly and nothing was left to chance. The meals were amazing. The best fresh fish and meat serves we've ever enjoyed..... and then the most delicious sweets. All made onsite. Congratulations to the owners and chef. We'll be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank hallsgap

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night on the recommendations of the local information centre. Very noisy, road traffic was loud, bathroom was dated but clean, bed was comfy, but air conditioner was noisy and rattling. Reasonable for the price.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank badbloke
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We didn't actually stay here but we stay go here for a meal, my husband asked a local where to go for dinner and he suggested this place, it was very good. The atmosphere is welcoming and comfortable, the waitress and manager absolutely lovely and nothing was too much trouble. The food was home made and gorgeous, very happy we went here and would definately return. Was reasonably priced and the kids receiving coloring in pages and were welcomed as well. All in all a great night.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LissyL0u
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The deluxe queen room I stayed in at the Comfort Inn Goldfields Stawell was a large updated room with a separate comfortable, huge bathroom. The room had digital TV and a very comfy bed. The Motel complex is clean and well managed. The location is great, on the Melbourne side of Stawell just after the McDonalds on the left hand side. I will stay here again. The service was excellent too.

Room Tip: All the rooms are off the Main Road behind the Reception and Restaurant Complex.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jkagu
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I have stayed at the Goldfields Inn Motel twice, I cannot believe those BAD reports, The rooms are so clean, and the food has been SUPERB. As I am a sales rep and travell the counrty every second week, Trust me I have stayed in some HORRIBLE motels, I rank the GOLDFIELDS Motel in Stawell one of the best.
Those people must have PROBLEMS.
Regards
Paula

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank P8932OATraveller
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Staying for bussines it was a relaxing stopover on a busy schedule to rest and with clean well equiped rooms, a pleasant experience with a enjoyable meal in the motel resturant with a nice touch of wood fire going to provide a homely atmosphere.
Carly in the resturant was very polite and helpful with meal and drink advice to ensure a pleasant evening.

Room Tip: rooms at the rear are good for less highway disturbance
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bryan W
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed at the Goldfields Motel in Stawell for the first and last time On arrival they had lost booking for the night and it needed 2 people to complete check I The room was average with marks on carpet when we arrived and then billed for cleaning of the carpets which were already dirty. I wonder how many other people have been charged for this same sting. Our sleep was constantly interrupted by the traffic on the highway. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Norman R
Goldfieldsmanagement, Owner at Comfort Inn Goldfields, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Your booking hadn't been lost, we had an updating issue between the Choice website and our booking system. By the time you went to the bathroom your booking had been sorted out. I dont feel this is an issue at all.
As for the carpets, when you were contacted in regard to the thick tar like substance that had been tracked through your room, not too mention the reception area, restaurant carpets and mens bathroom, you got your back up straight away and had excuse after excuse as to how/why it wasn't you and it was already there.
These marks were not in the room nor through the main building before your arrival and after speaking with you I contacted our cleaner to check that the marks weren't there the day prior, I also contact the guest who stayed in the same room the night before you & it was confirmed by both that there where no marks in that room (or through the main building) prior to your arrival on site. Not too mention all of our carpets throughout this establishment had been steam cleaned in July, this particular room being cleaned only 12 days before your arrival.
I do not enjoy having to deal with these situations nor do we "fleece" people with what you refer to as a "sting" . I felt I had gone above and beyond dealing with this one, I contacted you to discuss, heard your story and followed it up by making phone calls to staff and even another guest to verify your story, which proved to be untrue. Most hotels/motels would just charge you without notification, please also note I only charged you for the cleaning of the room not the scrubbing of reception tiles, mens bathroom tiles and the carpet in the restaurant, which we had every right to do so. I even checked with my regional manager as to the right proceedure for these situations before calling you in the first instance.
As for the highway noise, short of risking our lives standing on a busy highway to stop large B double trucks and general traffic so you can have a goods night sleep, there is unfortunatly not too much we can do about this, traffic is understandably out of our control.
If the room genuinly was dirty upon your arrival why did you not notify reception then and there?
We do not appreciate your slander on our business practises.

Kind Regards
Goldfields Management

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stawell
Mountain View Motor Inn & Holiday Lodge
Magdala Motor Lodge
Magdala Motor Lodge
#1 of 6 in Stawell
The Grampians Motel & The Views Restaurant

Been to Comfort Inn Goldfields? Share your experiences!