“Excellent as always”

Borsch,Vodka & Tears
Reserve with
Borsch,Vodka & Tears is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 150 Restaurants in Prahran
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Perth, Australia
“Excellent as always”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

We have eaten here several times and always have a great evening. Near on 100 different vodka's to choose from, filling eastern bloc comfort food that is made perfectly in the traditional manner (my wife is Polish and loves the restaurant), and fun staff who ensure you have a great night.

A word of warning, it is always packed no matter what night of the week so it pays to pre book just to be on the safe side..

• Visited April 2014

Paris, France
“Love this place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

Great vibe, great drinks and great service.
The vodka was so smooth that it would be easy to continue with the shots, but we mustered up self control and drank sensibly.
We didn't eat the food but by the looks of the dishes and how much was being ordered i imagine it must have been great.
Will be back for more vodka and will order the food next time.
Very cute, cosy bar. Stop in, you won't be disappointed

Visited July 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Best vodka menu I've ever seen.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

Love this quirky little place on Chapel street. It is very busy, so booking is advised. We sometimes pop in for a quick meal before going down the road to the Astor cinema. We had Borsch, mine the Russian, full of chunky veggies, for around $17. The best part is the Vodka menu,which runs to pages! I love all the infused vodkas, particularly the fruity ones; sour cherry and honey, blackcurrant and anise, so many, served in little crystal shot glasses.
A slightly bohemian atmosphere, don't dress up for this one!

Sydney, Australia
“ehh..”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

Loved the place. Great atmosphere and mood and friendly staff. However someone else has also commented on it but the food and drinks are overpriced. I had the potato pancakes and the cheese pierogi .. and well I've had MUCH better. I did not get my moneys worth in any of the dishes. I found myself ordering more as I was still hungry and all i got was a hefty bill at the end of it.

Melbourne, Australia
“A place to come in from the cold”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

My friend and I visited for a late lunch on a cold and wet Saturday in July. We found the restaurant much busier than on my previous weekday visits. From our table near the counter we watched the cocktail 'maestro' at work preparing concoctions of various colours with one or two shots of vodka as the main ingredient. His skill and dexterity were entertaining. My friend had ordered a hot Turkish apple tea with honey and vodka; it arrived pleasingly aromatic with thin slices of green apple on a slim skewer. Delicious ! This was followed by a dish of pierogi, edible but rather bland. The accompanying salsa with dill cucumber, however, was tasty. I had a perfectly acceptable regular coffee followed by a toasted rye bread sandwich with chicken, bacon, dill cucumber and green salad. The fillings were generous and good value for money. We enjoyed the bohemian décor of the establishment - somewhat shabby chic at the edges - and liked the darkish bluesy music - once the volume was turned down a little bit. Wait service was prompt, mostly affable, but with one waiter who displayed a lack of product knowledge and compensated by making a comment bordering on the insolent.