“dissapointing”

Cuisines: Greek, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Usually excellent fish and side dishes. Not so tonight. Fish was burned , Chops not crisp and meat dry and tasteless. Service good as always but meal not up to standard.

1  Thank Ruth320

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Had dinner at Lemnos Tavern last night and all I can say it was amazing. The food was delicious the service was outstanding. It felt like we were in Greece having dinner at the local restaurant, great atmosphere, would recommend for any occasion.
Plenty of delicious fresh tasty food,reasonably priced, busy but not loud, beautiful open fire.

1  Thank Sharleen O
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I have been to many greek restaurants and have never been let down, this was a complete let down and i couldnt wait to get out of here.

Food: terrible, the salad was all lettuce with half a tomato and a not even a quarter of a cucumber. The steak which i asked to be cooked well done was purple in the middle and completely inedible. They offered to recook one for me which was just abit better but still uncooked.

We were told the steak and lamb chops come with potatoes which they didnt and we were told "sorry all our machines have been turned off" they then offered to cook us hot chips however they then said "sorry we cant do that either". The only thing i enjoyed was the wine.

Service - whilst the waiters were polite it felt like we got all the scraps and that no care was taken to make our dining experience a pleasant one. I ended up paying $100, and in the end the food should not have cost me more than $30. I cannot get over how much of a rip off for the quality this place was. I am very dissapointed and it ruined my anniversary. They knew i was very unhappy but did not offer us anything extra or did not try to make us happy again they just kept asking why are you leaving so soon?? I think it was quite obvious.

Overall: very appaled. If you want quality service, nice food and a great experience steer clear of this place and go somewhere else. There are many better greek restaurants in melbourne.

1  Thank jogti811
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We had a seafood platter (A$61), finishing with baklava and tiramasu ($7 or so each).

The platter had one prawn each, about 10 mussels, lots of whitebait, some calamari and whiting.

It was pleasant as was the desserts.

However I did not enjoy the extremely loud music with an accompanying belly dancer, nor the loud, recorded playing of 'Happy birthday' and 'For he's a jolly good fella.'

The latter two occurrences mean I give this long established place a '3' not a '4/5.'

Reviewed March 21, 2012

We go here at least once a month and always love it. Always fresh and consistent. Excellent service. Atmosphere is buzzy as there are always lots of people - so the secret of this place is out. Great fish and salad or try the bbq octopus to start. You can BYO or buy beer and wine there. Prices are very reasonable. We are spoilt as we can walk to this gem. Plenty of parking or just get the tram to the door.

1  Thank Miss_Molly_8