“Amazing food adventure”

Cuisines: Chinese, Malaysian, Thai
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing food adventure”
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I like how this place had something for everyone although but dishes were skewed towards the more spicy and hot variety. Love it how they have included the favorites of different parts of Asia in the menu. Wish there were more Vietnamese and Thai although I found the Som Tum too mind blowing hot.

My Aussie friends went for the safer Japanese Karaage chicken and salt and pepper calamari, which must be their popular dish as almost every table ordered it

A bit disappointed with the lack of Asian drinks but friends had their mojito and said they were very good.

• Visited March 2012

Melbourne, Australia
“Cold, dry ordinary food”
Reviewed March 11, 2012

My husband and I went to Pan Asia on a 2 for 1 voucher deal - thank God because paying for full price for terrible food would have hurt more. We waited outside for the restaurant to open at midday (they opened 10 mins late and others were waiting too). They are clearly into preparing dishes in advance so customers can go straight to the buffet, as we did; The only problem is that not only did they cook in advance but their was no heat under the trays or lids on top which meant that whilst we were first in, the food was already cool and some things dry. (several dishes/finger food basically were out on a standard table and they had about 5 other dishes in pots/trays that were actually warm). Quantity wise there was enough to choose from I guess, but we tried everything and the only thing that was reasonable was the DIY laksa; the laksa broth was in a hot pot and you added your own beans shoots, cold chicken which was sitting on a plate, etc - I've made better laksa from a paste at home. I really wouldn't recommend this place to anyone - when you dine out you want authentic cuisine quality and hot food when it's meant to be served that way - not cold and dry as soon as doors open (I hate to think it was yesterday’s food re heated)! Oh and whilst the food was sitting there for self service, you also had to go to the bar to get your drink - no customer service here.

• Visited February 2012
Australia
“Far East Asian Food”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Went there in Jan 2012 with family and friends for Sunday buffet lunch. You must not miss the satays, its good, and so are most of the dishes. You get a bit of 'nyonya' dishes as well. Good value for money. Restaurant decor was ordinary, mind you, this is not fine-dining, Staff are friendly.

• Visited January 2012
“Great Food & Service!”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I went on Saturday night with my husband, sister and brother in law with a voucher. As soon as we arrived we were greeted by friendly staff and shown the menu and they advised us what the menu included.

They brought out our drinks promptly and our entree's came out within 10 mins. We had one of the banquets and were really impressed with the quality of the food and the presentation.

The staff were always attentive and made sure that we were happy with our meals and our drinks were full.

Our mains were fantastic, there was so much food to be enjoyed and it was great to have such a variety. Would highly recommend the banquets if you're going in a group.

Overall the service, food and ambiance of the restaurant was great. We had a great night out and I'll definately be going back.

• Visited January 2012
Melbourne, Victoria
“(Sometimes) Edgy Asian”
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Well worth a visit. Tasty and sometimes adventurous combinations of flavour and technique from across Asia. Licensed or you can BYO wine too.

Great value.