“Beat dumplings in Prahran”

Hu Tong Dumpling Bar
Ranked #5 of 175 Restaurants in Prahran
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 6, 2017 via mobile

This places is legendary and worth it. It’s a bit pricier than most dumpling bars nearby, but it’s definitely a step above. I go at least once per month.

Reviewed October 24, 2017 via mobile

Ate here on our last night in Melbourne and am a big fan! Excellent food, nice atmosphere, and great Melbourne experience. There are so many dumpling bars it’s hard to choose, but I would highly recommend a stop at Hu Tong.

Reviewed October 19, 2017 via mobile

I was surprised that this restaurant is rated 6 in the Prahran area. Service was okay - I wasn't so keen on being placed right in the middle of the restaurant when I was clearly dining alone. The dumplings were 'okay' and the salt and pepper squid was overlooked and tough. It looks like it could be a nice place with a group but, I won't be revisiting next time I visit Melbourne.

Reviewed October 4, 2017

Went for my son's birthday. The food was delicious with the scallops and eggplant a standout. As with some other reviewers, service was a bit sporadic and the dishes and wine were on the more expensive side. Atmosphere was good for a special night. We went for the early session and the place was just about full when we left at 8.00pm

Reviewed September 29, 2017 via mobile

If you are like me and Kung Fu Panda you will really enjoy this dumpling bar. The chilli dumplings are the go to for me. Excellent crispy half duck and get the scallop and eggplant hotpot is not to be missed.