“Average Food”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2017 via mobile

I was surprised that this restaurant is rated 6 in the Prahran area. Service was okay - I wasn't so keen on being placed right in the middle of the restaurant when I was clearly dining alone. The dumplings were 'okay' and the salt and pepper squid was overlooked and tough. It looks like it could be a nice place with a group but, I won't be revisiting next time I visit Melbourne.

Reviewed October 4, 2017

Went for my son's birthday. The food was delicious with the scallops and eggplant a standout. As with some other reviewers, service was a bit sporadic and the dishes and wine were on the more expensive side. Atmosphere was good for a special night. We went for the early session and the place was just about full when we left at 8.00pm

Reviewed September 29, 2017 via mobile

If you are like me and Kung Fu Panda you will really enjoy this dumpling bar. The chilli dumplings are the go to for me. Excellent crispy half duck and get the scallop and eggplant hotpot is not to be missed.

Reviewed September 24, 2017

The food is great. Some really different choices as well as the usual ones. Was really looking forward to the eggplant dish to finish. After waiting for 20 minutes after the previous dish we cancelled it. They had forgotten it, but said it was coming when we cancelled. They didn't realise we spoke Mandarin while two waiters decided what do. Bad form and a pity as it could have been a good experience. When you order here make sure they write it down and read it back to you. Then you might get everything you order..

Reviewed September 21, 2017

Came for dinner in a group of six. Hu Tong used to be talked about as the best dumplings in Melbourne, but feel there are a lot better out there now. Our dumplings in chilli oil were nice but cold. Other courses were really just so so. Could not fault the service, it was excellent. Quite expensive.