“Good option ”

Art Series - The Cullen
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Prahran
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful hotel and room. Clever infrastructure and good options if you like to do your own meal.

The bathroom could be more private. Paid wifi is unacceptable nowadays. Location isn't the best, but transportation is easy.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Ben K, Front Office Manager at Art Series - The Cullen, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2014

Hi Tiago,

Thanks for your review.

Im glad you enjoyed your stay overall.

I hope that we get to welcome you back soon

Ben

Write a ReviewReviews (1,165)

Reviewed May 10, 2014

As in many boutique hotels, design is not always associated with comfort. Bed and pillow were very soft and bathroom with frosted glass walls (reduced privacy). The artworks spread through the halls and rooms give a special touch to the place. Prahran is a very nice neighborhood, close to downtown, full of bars and restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Bruno D,

Thank you for coming to visit us!

our bathrooms are not to everyone tastes but im glad our artwork and location made up for this.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed May 7, 2014

I arrived with some work colleagues very late after the last flight out of Sydney, so had to press a buzzer to get in. After a brief wait, a very friendly (and it was post midnight) and helpful member of staff opened the door and checked us in. I'd recently signed up for Priority Guest Rewards and the new membership card was waiting for me. The room was great with a view down into the street and plenty of room. Some interesting art on the wall - not my style (a headless dog?), but that's art... Great nights sleep in a very comfortable bed. Breakfast (after dealing with a grumpy waiter that didn't want to give me a big table - even though my colleagues were about to join me) was great, a la carte with a wide choice of dishes. At check out I asked the staff to print out some documents for me - absolutely no worries, which was nice and very helpful. A quick and easy checkout and we were off. I'd recommend this property and will likely stay again.

Room Tip: Sign up for a membership to Priority Guest Rewards before booking - you get an immediate discount on...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I work in visual arts, so I really enjoy staying at art-themed hotels, and I have to say that this was one of the best ever. Melbourne is a very arts-oriented city, and The Cullen has completely integrated art into their experience. One artist is featured throughout the hotel with art even in the elevator. They have maps of nearby galleries, art books in the room, and a wonderful design aesthetic. The hotel is beautifully modern and stylish. They have a tiny gym (with graffiti!), friendly front desk staff, and a great location in the Prahan neighbourhood.

Although you have to take a tram to get to the centre of the city and the museums, I would recommend this neighbourhood. There are a number of funky and reasonable restaurants, and upscale shopping a few blocks away.

Before you book, do join the free hotel membership program and you can save money on your stay. I absolutely loved our three night stay here, and would love to stay longer the next time!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Ben K, Front Office Manager at Art Series - The Cullen, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Deepcover,

thank you so much for your kind words, We pride our selves in setting us apart by providing a different experience in each of our hotels. the next time you are down you may want to try the Olsen or the Blackman who also have different artists who have attached their names and art to provide 3 different experiences.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stayed for four nights and really enjoyed our stay. The room was fun and comfortable and the staff were really helpful and friendly. Our flight left in the evening and we were offered shower facilities with shampoo, towels etc. My only dislike was the bathroom. We stayed in a Junior Suite and the bathroom was tiny. This was not a big problem but I really didn't like the fact it was glass with only a short space between the bed and the toilet. Also the door was not floor to ceiling so definitely not private. The hotel is in an excellent position opposite Prahan Market and near the tram stop with plenty of good cafes and reataurants nearby.

Room Tip: Enquire about the bathroom. Some rooms have good city views. We had a large balcony but no sunshin...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Ben K, Front Office Manager at Art Series - The Cullen, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Hi Spencerj,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us here at the Cullen. I'm glad the team were able to let you freshen up before you flight home. Our bathrooms are not to everyone's tastes, however I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of the location of the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Had a four night stay in a twin suite. Attention to detail was impressive and one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. NO free wifi was the only disappointing thing. Would definitely recommend and stay again. Directly across the road from a food market and surrounded by shops, cafes and restaurants.

Room Tip: Higher floors wpuld be quieter
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Hello Carole B!

thanks so much for your kind words. I will be sure to pass your comments on to my team here at the hotel.

Hopefully next time you come back we will be able to offer free wifi!

Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here to redeem a free "priority guest rewards" night and ended up staying on for an extra 2 nights.
Great, comfy rooms. A little squeezy with kids as well but we got by.
There's a tram stop out the front and market across the road which is very handy.
Staff we could not fault at all, they were all really helpful and obliging.
Will be back :)

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

EzG1,

I am thrilled to hear that you stayed longer than intended, it is a true testament to the team here at the hotel. I will make sure that I pass on the comments to them,

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Ben

Also consider these accommodations in or near Prahran
Art Series - The Blackman
Chinatown
Ovolo Laneways
Ovolo Laneways
#13 of 161 in Melbourne

Been to Art Series - The Cullen? Share your experiences!