Art Series - The Cullen
$60
Toorak Manor(Toorak)
$69
$67
St. Kilda Junction Accommodation(St Kilda)(Great Value!)
$117
$109
  • Fitness center
$103
$75
  • Restaurant
Pullman Melbourne Albert Park(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$134
Hotel Claremont(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$48
$44
  • Breakfast included
Mantra St Kilda Road(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$116
$105
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
1,278 results
All reviewsfrosted glassprahran marketacross the roadchapel streetroom servicerestaurant downstairsjunior penthousefunky hotelfantastic hoteldumplingschinese restaurantcomfortable bedsgreat showersmall kitchenettecafes and restaurantsned kellyyour doorstep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stayed for four nights and really enjoyed our stay. The room was fun and comfortable and the staff were really helpful and friendly. Our flight left in the evening and we were offered shower facilities with shampoo, towels etc. My only dislike was the bathroom. We stayed in a Junior Suite and the bathroom was tiny. This was not a big problem but I really didn't like the fact it was glass with only a short space between the bed and the toilet. Also the door was not floor to ceiling so definitely not private. The hotel is in an excellent position opposite Prahan Market and near the tram stop with plenty of good cafes and reataurants nearby.

Room Tip: Enquire about the bathroom. Some rooms have good city views. We had a large balcony but no sunshine. Ask questions when booking.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Ben K, Front Office Manager at Art Series - The Cullen, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Hi Spencerj,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us here at the Cullen. I'm glad the team were able to let you freshen up before you flight home. Our bathrooms are not to everyone's tastes, however I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of the location of the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Had a four night stay in a twin suite. Attention to detail was impressive and one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. NO free wifi was the only disappointing thing. Would definitely recommend and stay again. Directly across the road from a food market and surrounded by shops, cafes and restaurants.

Room Tip: Higher floors wpuld be quieter
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Hello Carole B!

thanks so much for your kind words. I will be sure to pass your comments on to my team here at the hotel.

Hopefully next time you come back we will be able to offer free wifi!

Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here to redeem a free "priority guest rewards" night and ended up staying on for an extra 2 nights.
Great, comfy rooms. A little squeezy with kids as well but we got by.
There's a tram stop out the front and market across the road which is very handy.
Staff we could not fault at all, they were all really helpful and obliging.
Will be back :)

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

EzG1,

I am thrilled to hear that you stayed longer than intended, it is a true testament to the team here at the hotel. I will make sure that I pass on the comments to them,

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed April 13, 2014

I have now stayed at all 3 art series properties (The Cullen, The Blackman & The Olsen), and I have got too say they are just the most impressive bunch of boutique hotels out there!

The rooms are trendy, the mattress is the best, and of course the kitchenette is always handy.

From all three properties, I have to say this hotel has the best decor - from the moment of entry into the hotel, to the hallways with a painting hanging every metre... pretty impressive! Oh and I loved the mid section with the hanging lights feature!

The room (we stayed in a balcony room) has a cozy feel to it and the blackout blinds make for a perfect sleep in or an afternoon nap.

The only few negatives I had was 1. the pillows were way too soft, head kind of sinks in all the way.. 2. Wanted to watch a movie of my USB and it wouldn't allow..the remote wouldn't press the 'ok' button and 3. there was no parking in the building - only staying a night it isn't much of a problem but when staying longer and you need the use of your car every now and then you've got to be moving it every couple of hours through a busy tiny street....... from 6pm there is no restrictions however and you can leave it for the night!

The hotel is in a great location and has all the shopping you could want and more only down the road... great little cafes and restaurants as well..!

We had room service ordering a couple of mains and were not that impressed with the food but that wasn't much of a bother because we hadn't come to the hotel purely for the food!

I hope to return to The Cullen in the future and hopefully they may be offering a couple of rooms with a spa tub on the balcony like The Olsen..! That would be perfect.

Next stop: Schaller Studios Bendigo!

Room Tip: Balcony room on an upper level would be perfect
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi impressed18,

Thank you so much for your kind words on your recent stay with us at the Cullen. It certainly looks like you enjoyed your time with us. This would have to be my favourite also (but I'm bias! )

Im sorry that our pillows were not firm enough, here at the hotel (and all the others, for next time) we do have firmer pillows on request, just let us know when you check in and we will have them replaced. The hotel also does have parking albeit limited, it in under the hotel and fully secure, this is provided as an addition fee of $25 per night.

Schaller Studios opens in Bendigo next week so make sure you take advantage of their opening specials on the art series hotels website!!

look forward to welcoming you back soon!!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

The Cullen at Prahran is comfortable, convenient and has friendly efficient staff but no free wifi in rooms or even the lobby. The cost to use wifi at The Cullen is not excessive but there should be NO cost when the room tariff is by no means cheap. Travellers from overseas need wifi for communication and work and it is not helpful to be directed to a coffee shop down the road to access free wifi. Certainly the staff on reception managed my complaint in a professional manner and I was grateful BUT Australian hotels must enter the 21st century. The Cullen encourages its guests to write reviews of the hotel on Trip Adviser so I encourage The Cullen to listen to its travelling guests. Deal breaker becomes a deal maker.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lesley S

Hi Lesley S,

Thank you for your comments in regards to the Wifi situation, we are listening and we are working on offering a solution to the wifi, which has now become a must have when travelling regardless of reason for travel.

Your comments have been passed on to higher management and hopefully by the time you return we should have something in place.

Thanks again for your feedback.