CHECK YOUR CREDIT CARD CHARGES AFTER CHECKING OUT!!! Extra charges for Minibar 3 times in a row!!!
I have never been bothered writing a review before. I know bad... but typical excuse is i'm busy!
I feel compelled to highlight VERY DODGY PRACTICES at the Cullen hotel.The same 'error' occurred to me three stays in a row many weeks apart. I find it hard to believe this is an honest mistake x 3.
I travel regularly for work and I must admit I hate doing my expenses but this time i'm glad of it. I would not have noticed this at all had I not had reconcile my receipts vs my credit card.
For anyone who has stayed there check your receipt vs credit card!!!!!
On check out I always declare, with a little embarrassment, what I had from the Minibar. Usually a water, some chips (and often a sneaky chocky bar). I pay the bill file my receipt and leave.
However I find that that the credit card was charged for a whole heap of other items I did not have!! Maybe a mix up once is tolerable. But I have checked the receipts now that I am alert to this. It happened 3 times in a row many weeks apart.
I look back through my emails and find that they had sent me a followup email with a new receipt and the extra charges. So it looks semi legitimate... But I never had the extra items!! Especially not the last three times in a row. I've snapped a picture of the most recent emailed receipt to show what to look for!!
DODGY!!! VERY DODGY.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Prahran, Melbourne, The Cullen is inspired by Adam Cullen. Daring and unique, The Cullen features lashings of original artwork and prints by Australia’s most exciting contemporary artist, Adam Cullen.Sleep soundly in your Art Series Signature bed, then block out the morning or wake up to natural light and vibrant energy of Cullen works. Prepare breakfast using in room kitchenette facilities, spectacular views of Melbourne CBD, underground parking, state of the art gymnasium and two exciting restaurants ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Art Series - The Cullen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Art Series - The Cullen Hotel Melbourne
- Art Series - The Cullen Greater Melbourne/Prahran