“The only place to stay in Melbourne”

Art Series - The Cullen
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Prahran
Sydney, Australia
“The only place to stay in Melbourne”
Reviewed September 27, 2011

My boyfriend and I were advised to stay at The Cullen, Prahran, for our short 3 day stay in Melbourne. From the moment we entered the lobby, we knew we would love it. The service was very welcoming upon our arrival and our check in was quick and efficient. As it was our first trip to Melbourne, the Cullen staff member assisted us with our trip and advised us what we should see in Melbourne. The service throughout our entire stay was excellent.
I was not prepared when I entered our room. It exceeded all my expectations. My boyfriend and I loved it. It was artistic, clean and modern and it still made you feel like you were at home.
Melbourne is a very cultural and artsy city, so I felt that staying at The Cullen really completed our trip.
I strongly advise for anyone to stay at The Cullen, and I would only stay there every time I plan to visit. It's definitely worth it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Greek first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed September 24, 2011

my cousin and i stayed at the Cullen and i have to say this is the best hotel i have ever stayed in. the staff were friendly and helped us with directions and we were blown away ewhen we opened the door to our double queen room. it was really modern and arty, the beds were so comfy and i could close her off with a thick curtain for privacy. i also loved the big flat screen. i get abit of anxiety when i go away but not this time i didnt want to come home!i love checking out different hotels but im drawn back to the cullen for my next stay in mebourne, it was awsome!i wonder what the other art series hotels are like?

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Canberra
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Having experienced numerous short stay accommodation over the past 4 years, I was very impressed with my stay at 'The Cullen' in Praham - Melbourne. RIght from the start, the staff were very courteous and helpful and the personal welcome note was a nice touch. I found the rooms and fittings to be of a very high standard with the King sized bed one of the most comfortable beds i've ever slept in. 'The Cullen' is a high quality establishment, yet still retains an excellent 'value for money'. I'll certainly be back and have recommended the hotel to my work colleagues.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Nice rooms with comfy beds. Only downside was the noise from the restaurant/ bar below (I was in one of the balcony rooms). Everything else was great so would stay again when I am next in town on business.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from bar below.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Staff very helpful and knowledgable, room was excellent, you can open the window and turn the air conditioner off if you wish! (not available in a lot of hotels) bed was the comfiest i have ever slept in- i think i may buy one! tram right outside the door & walking distance to Chapel st for shopping and eating and train station 10 mins away, can cook in your room if you wish, facilities available, art work wasnt to my liking and was different but bearable, but probably too much of it as it is very confronting! but adds character! Highly recommended, will stay again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Yes, its a wonderful hotel, yes its great value, yes its got some amazing features, yes the bed was sooo comfortable BUT you MUST know that these guys will debit your account of the amount you are booked for plus over $100 extra per nite plus 10% of that. So I had $1000 in my account, checked into The Cullen, then tried to go shopping and found my Visa debit card was being declined. And I hadn't even slept there. My bank said that The Cullen debits huge amounts compared to other hotels. So be prepared, get your accounts cashed up. And be prepared to wait over a week to get the deposit returned to your account. Ouch!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 11, 2011

I do a fair amount of travelling for work so stay in many hotels. The experience of staying at The Cullen far outweighed that of any other hotel I've stayed in. The main things that stood out to me were:

- The personalised welcome: on my TV, in a beautiful, handwritten card in the room and a delicious hot chocolate
- The in room kitchenette, (you really get sick of eating out when you travel a lot)
- The location, so close to Chapel St for restaurants, shops and my gym
- The boutique style and size for a very reasonable rate

In short, I was so impressed I was motivated to write a review!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prahran
Art Series - The Blackman
Central Business District
Adelphi Hotel
Adelphi Hotel
#1 of 159 in Melbourne

Been to Art Series - The Cullen? Share your experiences!