“convenient location, filthy apartment”

Armadale Serviced Apartments
Reviewed December 28, 2009

The location was good for us, being close to family. The apartments are quite old, which is fine. We had to wear shoes in the kitchen, as the floor was so sticky, the frying pan and oven tray were unusable, even cleaning them would not remove the built up dirt on them. The cupboard doors and the stove knobs were filthy and sticky. The carpet was stretched and quite stained in parts. The TV did not work until my partner who is an electrician took the aerial plug off the wall and fixed it. The fridge had broken shelves but worked ok.
I would stay here again, but only because it is walking distance to my families house and we only used the apartment to sleep in and have breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank meals_au

Reviewed August 19, 2009

I had occasion to stay at 'The armadale Serviced Apartments 'last week. The first room we were offered was positively filthy. The sheets were stained and the sink was putrid

After complaining we were moved to another apartment which was seemingly ok until I came to strip the bed upon leaving.
I found a severely urine stained mattress protector and mattress.
Upon telling the manager I was assured that the offending bedding would be destroyed .The sheets in ths second room whilst apparently clean had stains also .
I suggested to the manager who was most apologetic that he needed to review his laundry service.
However I would have to think twice about ever staying there again

1  Thank Tripper1943
Reviewed January 16, 2009

Staying here at the moment for 4 nights and this place is actually not that bad for the price. I'm in a 1 bedroom apartment with a kitchen. The bed linen is clean white sheets and the bed is pretty comfy. The room and fittings are on the older side but then the price reflects that.
All the basics are here in the room - stove, microwave, fridge, tv, toaster, kettle, plates, pots & pans etc. I've had no problems at all with cleanliness in the apartment at all.
There's a 7/11 right next door. A tram stop is right accross the road which will take you to nearby Chapel St (2 min tram ride or 10min walk) or the city (20 min tram ride) very easily. We have a car and there's plenty of parking.
If you need somewhere to stay that is close to Chapel St/St Kilda and not that far from the city and are looking to save some money then I can recommend this place. Just don't expect the Ritz and you'll be fine here. Very good value for money.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank MagellanMelbourne
Reviewed December 29, 2008

We booked for 3 nights and only stayed for 2 because it was a busy holiday period and we couldn't move sooner. We were 2 parents and 2 older teens staying in a 2 bedroom apartment. The rooms were just clean enough. But I recleaned all of the kitchen implements before using them - including a large pot that had been burned by the previous user and not cleaned by the apartment staff. The building looked old and felt very worn. I had to walk to the nearby 7-11 store to buy matches because the spark starter on the gas stove didn't work. The so-called "Serviced" in the name of the place was a major misnomer! A small TV offered local broadcast channels only, with fuzzy reception. The furniture and furnishings were mostly past their use by date. And out of 4 lamps provided only one had a working bulb. A request at reception for more bulbs returned a response that the correct bulbs are hard to obtain! There was no elevator, so we had to lug heavy suitcases up 2 flights of stairs. Our bedrooms faced onto William Street, near the corner of Dandenong Highway, so traffic noise was significant. Double glazing had been fitted but there was a single window mounted air-conditioning unit in the livingroom, which was woefully inadequate to keep the whole apartment cooled, so the bedroom windows had to be kept open anyway. Everything about the experience was disappointing. It was the kind of place you want to leave as soon as you arrive. My advice: look elsewhere and only choose this place if desparate.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Doodletop