“Be wary of staying here!”

and 1 more site!
Armadale Serviced Apartments
Wellington, New Zealand
“Be wary of staying here!”
Reviewed October 2, 2011

I stayed here with a group of friends last weekend. The staff seemed nice enough, but on arrival we discovered that the milk we were given was over a week out of date, and that our oven was broken and that to use it we had to reach inside the oven with a match which was more than a little dangerous! On the second day they did replace our towels but only gave us 3 new ones (and we were a group of 4). So an attention to detail is not their strong point.

Despite these annoyances we were still considering staying here again until on Saturday night at 8pm we were threatened with termination after some mild noise (and we had only been back at the apartment for half an hour!). This was the last straw for us, as not only was it early evening on a weekend, but the staff member who called us jumped straight to threatening us with termination, no warning or informing us that quiet hours are 8pm onwards (unlike normal hotels where it is usually 10pm). We were very offended to be treated so rudely and it is a shame that staff member ruined our stay as the people we had encountered before then seemed pleasant. We spent the rest of the stay very uncomfortable and worried that any second we could be thrown out without warning.

So unless you are planning to go to bed, or sit in silence at 8pm every night of your stay, I would strongly advise you choose somewhere else.

Room Tip: Apartment number 8 has a broken oven so if you are put in this room, ask if the oven has been fixed...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I stayed at these apartments more than one year ago with my daughter. We came down for the Melbourne Cup and thought the pictures of the apartments looked really nice on the internet. We got a shock, or conned is the word, very run down, our room was cold and not at all appealing.
The little kitchen was tidy but had filth and grease around and at the back of it. Definitely did not cook. I complained about this and they said it was being taken over by another owner and that upgrades would probably be made - don't know if this happened. Would definitely not stay here again -4 or 5 star for me. $400 wasted as we definitely did not enjoy our 4 day stay. You pay for what you get.

Room Tip: Unless you want something really nice don't stay there
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Prahran hotels

Wellington
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Good value for the cost ($85/night) - clean & tidy, all necessary facilities. Reception staff great apart from one female who was just downright rude & unhelpful. Easy access to trams, Chapel Street, High Street.

Would happily stay again if in Melbourne for more than a couple of days or on business.

I had a one bedroom apartment.

Room Tip: I always get a one bedroom rather than studio - more space!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ninja07
New Delhi, India
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We took 2 apartments of 2 bedroom and 1 bedroom each. But regreted the decison to stay here. Not only was the place sub standard, bad furniture and smelly rooms.....the staff was not courteous either. The 2 bedroom place had only 1 bathroom. The bathrooms were not too good either. Not a place to sta on vacation atleast. Pay a bit extra....but dont stay here.They offer deals but are not worth it.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 2, 2011

I have just come back from staying at the Armadale Apartments and loved it. The location was fantastic - never had to wait for a tram, 7/11 next door and chapel street was walking distance. The apartments were great too. It was the best cheap accomodation I have stayed at. Very clean and the staff were nice. I would highly recommend this accomodation when in Melbourne

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed July 23, 2011

I had trouble with the sole staff member here. I am sure we are all talking about the same person.

I was told the day before my check in that I would need to call on arrival to collect my key from a safe. When I called at checkin I did not get an answer on any of the numbers listed on the door. I then got an SMS in reply asking "Whos this" [sic]. When I explained I got an irrational, irritating and flustered phone call from the duty manager. Apart from being irritating I did gain access to the apartment.

After I hung up I received anotehr SMS stating that her friend was involved in a car accident and thats why she was unhelpful. I feel that this was untrue.

The apartment itself was fine for the price paid.

On checkout, despite knowing that I was annoyed with the service so far received, she referred to me by my last name, which was just the icing on the cake of poor service. Extremely argumentative and rude.

I will never go back.

Room Tip: Stay away from this place - or at least the staff!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Why didn't I read these comments before? I thought I had a great deal, one of those last minute ones, having checked the pictures on their website and all. It turned out to be a very different story! The worst was the noise, which is no wonder as the road next door is a 10 laneways!!! Plus the garbage truck collecting the bins at 2 in the morning and sitting their for what seemed an eternity (lots of bins obviously!)
The only quite positive point was the apparent cleanliness... but everything else was not good. The kitchen was lacking even in basics (no wine glass, lack of crockery and cooking utensils), and the oven was not even working. The bathroom sink had trouble evacuating and so did the toilets.... the second bedroom door could shut as one of the two beds was too long and in the way. And what about the "separate living area" furnished only with pre war sofas and a television, actually the only modern piece in the flat! Very disapointing indeed!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prahran
Apartments Ink
Chapel Street
Amity Apartment Hotels – South Yarra
Toorak Manor
#1 of 1 in Toorak

Been to Armadale Serviced Apartments? Share your experiences!