“We'll be back” 5 of 5 bubbles

Armadale Serviced Apartments
Melbourne, Australia
“We'll be back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2011

I have just come back from staying at the Armadale Apartments and loved it. The location was fantastic - never had to wait for a tram, 7/11 next door and chapel street was walking distance. The apartments were great too. It was the best cheap accomodation I have stayed at. Very clean and the staff were nice. I would highly recommend this accomodation when in Melbourne

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Adelaide, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2011

I had trouble with the sole staff member here. I am sure we are all talking about the same person.

I was told the day before my check in that I would need to call on arrival to collect my key from a safe. When I called at checkin I did not get an answer on any of the numbers listed on the door. I then got an SMS in reply asking "Whos this" [sic]. When I explained I got an irrational, irritating and flustered phone call from the duty manager. Apart from being irritating I did gain access to the apartment.

After I hung up I received anotehr SMS stating that her friend was involved in a car accident and thats why she was unhelpful. I feel that this was untrue.

The apartment itself was fine for the price paid.

On checkout, despite knowing that I was annoyed with the service so far received, she referred to me by my last name, which was just the icing on the cake of poor service. Extremely argumentative and rude.

I will never go back.

Room Tip: Stay away from this place - or at least the staff!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Prahran hotels

Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

Why didn't I read these comments before? I thought I had a great deal, one of those last minute ones, having checked the pictures on their website and all. It turned out to be a very different story! The worst was the noise, which is no wonder as the road next door is a 10 laneways!!! Plus the garbage truck collecting the bins at 2 in the morning and sitting their for what seemed an eternity (lots of bins obviously!)
The only quite positive point was the apparent cleanliness... but everything else was not good. The kitchen was lacking even in basics (no wine glass, lack of crockery and cooking utensils), and the oven was not even working. The bathroom sink had trouble evacuating and so did the toilets.... the second bedroom door could shut as one of the two beds was too long and in the way. And what about the "separate living area" furnished only with pre war sofas and a television, actually the only modern piece in the flat! Very disapointing indeed!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Queenstown, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2011

I wish I'd read the reviews on here before staying at the Armadale Apartments. They are spot on...
I'd have to say the worst thing about this place was one staff member. A woman who works in the reception who was so incredibly rude, she left me speechless. I've never been spoken to in such an aggressive way by someone in the hospitality industry. She was actually yelling at me, all I asked for was a hair dryer as they don't have them in the rooms!
I was quite upset about the whole incident and as she was the only person there, I couldn't complain about it to any senior management.
Funnily enough, I think it's the same person someone has already written about on here.

Wont be going back. Ever.

Room Tip: Dont go here...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank joebieone
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2011

These apartments are simply awful. From the moment I checked in it was a nightmare. Incredibly rude staff were threatening and inhospitable; cockroaches and dust throughout apartment; freezing at night with no heater in rooms and very noisy; venetian blinds wouldn't close so you could see in from the street; stained sheets. And to top it off someone sideswiped my car in the narrow driveway that doubles as a car park.
Seriously awful accommodation and I won't be coming here again.

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank Newspapermama
Hobart, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2011

Was a bit wary after reading other reviews, but found the apartment to be spacious, clean and great value for money. Fantastic location and close to public transport. Obviously not 5 star, but for the the price I found it to be one of the better cheap places I have stayed. Great No Frills accommodation.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2010

We booked in for 4 nights, left after 2 nights. Door took 5 mins to open, the musty smell hit you upon entering, shaby worn furniture circa 1960, sat on the lounge and the seat almost hit the floor, no curtains-screens-blinds broken, kitchen antiquated,tv remote didnt work,clock radio didnt work, toilet dirty, shower/bath dangerous,2 towels 2 handtowels with holes, this was a so called serviced apartment....but only after 7 days! if you wanted a fresh towel or toilet paper you had to ask for it...Gee why didnt you tell us, the manager said..Gee why didnt you tell us this was below economy standard in the first place!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Overit75
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prahran
Kimberley Gardens Hotel & Serviced Apartments
Hiigh Apartments
Hiigh Apartments
#1 of 5 in Prahran
Art Series - The Cullen

Been to Armadale Serviced Apartments? Share your experiences!