“Intolerably rude, filthy, sub-standard”

Armadale Serviced Apartments
Queenstown, New Zealand
“Intolerably rude, filthy, sub-standard”
Reviewed June 11, 2011

I wish I'd read the reviews on here before staying at the Armadale Apartments. They are spot on...
I'd have to say the worst thing about this place was one staff member. A woman who works in the reception who was so incredibly rude, she left me speechless. I've never been spoken to in such an aggressive way by someone in the hospitality industry. She was actually yelling at me, all I asked for was a hair dryer as they don't have them in the rooms!
I was quite upset about the whole incident and as she was the only person there, I couldn't complain about it to any senior management.
Funnily enough, I think it's the same person someone has already written about on here.

Wont be going back. Ever.

Room Tip: Dont go here...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank joebieone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed May 20, 2011

These apartments are simply awful. From the moment I checked in it was a nightmare. Incredibly rude staff were threatening and inhospitable; cockroaches and dust throughout apartment; freezing at night with no heater in rooms and very noisy; venetian blinds wouldn't close so you could see in from the street; stained sheets. And to top it off someone sideswiped my car in the narrow driveway that doubles as a car park.
Seriously awful accommodation and I won't be coming here again.

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank Newspapermama

Travelers are raving about these Prahran hotels

Hobart, Australia
Reviewed May 19, 2011

Was a bit wary after reading other reviews, but found the apartment to be spacious, clean and great value for money. Fantastic location and close to public transport. Obviously not 5 star, but for the the price I found it to be one of the better cheap places I have stayed. Great No Frills accommodation.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 29, 2010

We booked in for 4 nights, left after 2 nights. Door took 5 mins to open, the musty smell hit you upon entering, shaby worn furniture circa 1960, sat on the lounge and the seat almost hit the floor, no curtains-screens-blinds broken, kitchen antiquated,tv remote didnt work,clock radio didnt work, toilet dirty, shower/bath dangerous,2 towels 2 handtowels with holes, this was a so called serviced apartment....but only after 7 days! if you wanted a fresh towel or toilet paper you had to ask for it...Gee why didnt you tell us, the manager said..Gee why didnt you tell us this was below economy standard in the first place!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Overit75
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed October 10, 2010

Hi
This is regarding the treatment we got at the hands of one of the apartment's employee i.e. the manager of the aparments. She treated us rather filthiily and I don't know why she was angry with us since the beginning i.e. since the 4th of sep.2010.Initially we were in room no. 15 and then shifted to room no. 23. We left the apartment on 1st October 2010.
Whenever we went to her for any of the enquiries she went so furious as we have done some crime or we were staying there free of charges .We left the apartment primarily because of her behaviour otherwise we would have stayed there for another month or so. She treated us like a doormat. We have travelled extensively throughout the world but we have never got such ill treatment, till now, we were always treated like honoured guests whether in U.S.A or Canada. My husband who is working as Programme Director in one of the reputed companies of Australia was so disappointed with the Manager's behaviour that he has told all the employees working under him not to stay in Armadale apartments ever if they want to keep their integrity and dignity intact. I am writing this just to tell you,so that no other customer undergoes such treatment at her hands.
Whenever I called her at the reception she reprimanded me angrily that there is a camera inside, so there is no need for me to call her or rather I should dare not call her.Please ensure that she doesn't treat any other person in such way and humiliate them at your hotel.We were new to the area otherwise we would have shifted the apartment on the second day itself. Thanks to her bad behaviour that we decided to return to our country .

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank RASHNASH
ArmadaleApartments, Owner at Armadale Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, October 13, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments as your feedback is valuable to us. I appreciate you bringing this up to our attention so we can resolve and clarify any concerns or issues that may have occurred during your recent stay with us. I am sorry that you were not satisfied with the service provided to you, we normally pride ourselves on the professionalism of our staff. I will certainly look into the matter and address this with the staff member concerned.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Kind regards

Mark Lane
Director
Sydney
Reviewed August 8, 2010

I booked the room for my family (2 parents and 3 children) before reading these reviews and was really apprehensive of what I'd find. I was pleasantly surprised. It is not that bad. It is great value for money and we stayed for a week and saved quite a lot comparatively. Everything was clean and orderly and in working condition except for the oven, that was okay though as we didn't really need to use it. The beds were comfortable and some areas were newly carpeted. The lounge however was a bit old but still comfortable.
It's a great cheap apartment if you're not planning to stay in it too much and was really close to public transport.
The admin staff were also really helpful when we asked them for use of a street map and they provided us this without any extra cost.
It is definitely a budget stay however it provides you with everything you need for your stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Melbourne
Reviewed March 21, 2010

Dont expect anything like the photos on the website, the ground floor 2 bed apartment for my parents and sister was dirty, incredibly noisy and disappointing.

The blinds didn't shut out the light or offer any privacy with the lights on, all sorts of bugs and even a small lizard.

Lampshades missing from table lamps. Stains on the doors, locks missing so doors wont stay shut.

We pulled my family out of this place after just one night! - and found Fredericks apartments just around the corner, who were very helpful and a different world of apartment.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank murrelljames
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prahran
Kimberley Gardens Hotel & Serviced Apartments
#2 of 5 in Prahran
L'Emporia Apartments
L'Emporia Apartments
#1 of 5 in Prahran

Been to Armadale Serviced Apartments? Share your experiences!