“Good home cookin'”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We like the Little Beaver for casual meals, and family get togethers.
The dinner meals are very a good choice, tasty ,well presented. and good size portions. A nice variety as well. Be sure to order the bread pudding ,it is the BEST!!!!
The last visit was for the breakfast buffet....not so good, the food was barely warm, and the selection was small. On the other hand, the bacon and peameal were very good and the waitress will take your order for any style of eggs and toast.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Home cooking, Pies are wonderful, with a huge selection.I love their cabbage rolls.
Service is fine, family menu. Place can get pretty busy,worth the short wait......................enjoy

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Their breakfasts though the week are great and really an excellent value for the money. Stay away on the weekend as it's too crowded and the brunch is a complete rip-off at $20 a person for all the usual stuff you'd order from the menu, except cold and greasy from sitting in warming trays.... I don't see the attraction, personally; however people come in droves for this, stand in line for up to 45 minutes and pay lots of money...???

The soups are home made and delicious, always.

The pies are good (I can make better) and the portions are incredibly generous. In strawberry season their desserts with strawberries are all incredible and well worth the price... too big for one person but perfect to share with your sweetie!

Dinners are over-priced for the mediocre crap that comes out of the kitchen... I had dried out pork-chops with cold potatoes that should have been hot and definitely nothing but frozen and boiled veggies with these hospital-type meals... never gone back for dinner since.

The burgers are supposed to be fantastic, according to the locals I've talked to, but I have yet to try one.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

A quick stop especially on a Sunday morning after a walk in Komoka Provincial Park. Just a fun busy place

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Visiting family in nearby Delaware this weekend, we decided to do a take out from Little Beaver. Stopped by to pick up a menu to take back to choose our take out meal for dinner. The girl that handed my spouse the menu was very friendly but that's where the positives ended...abruptly.

The callback to order our dinner was met with a different staff member who was rude and very unfriendly. My spouse asked her if they could blend/puree the food for a senior family member who had to have her food pureed before she could eat it. The unfriendly tone in her response wasn't necessary when she said "we have no need for a blender so why would we have one." As my spouse questioned, she became more irate and rude. Our order had to be repeated 3 times to her and then they still got it wrong when we picked up our food.

The food: are you kidding me???
Our order was:
1. A senior's dinner of chicken breast, mashed, veggies and gravy. Cost: $9. +.
What we got: 1 very small, overlooked yet pasty looking chicken breast, maybe 2 tablespoons corn, 2 tablespoons mashed and not even 1 tablespoon gravy slapped over the meal. We threw it out because it not only looked gross but smelled really bad..DON'T ORDER A SENIOR'S DINNER. I feel sad for all the local seniors that eat there consistently...they are most definitely getting ripped off for the little money they already struggle with.

2. Ham & Cheese Sandwich with fries & Coleslaw. This was not too bad...sandwich was great but it doesn't take much talent to slap some ham, cheese & lettuce between 2 pieces of bread. The fries were hard, dry and old. The coleslaw not too bad.

3. Back Bacon Sandwich with Boston Browns and Coleslaw. Again, the back bacon sandwich was edible but nothing other than back bacon slapped between 2 pieces of bread. I didn't know what Boston Browns were - we guessed possibly something like hash browns but in no way does what I got resemble anything edible...4 pieces of OLD, DRY, barely cooked mildly brown 1/2 potatoes...I asked myself: wt# was that??? I couldn't eat them past the first bite.

4. Honey Garlic Chicken Wings: UGH...Horrible! no flavour...very large wings that were probably a bad GMO product as they were much higher in skin fat than other wings I've had...and I've had many. The Honey Garlic was watered down and disgusting. I actually was very ill and had intense pain in my stomach and lower bowels that night and the entire next day.

Their pies are ok - edible but nothing spectacular. They messed up our order by giving us an apple crisp rather than the strawberry rhubarb crisp we ordered.

Payment for the order was good because the same staff member who provided us with a menu cashed out our order...she, very friendly and polite. She's the only reason this place gets a 2 rating. While we were waiting for our order, we noticed how unhappy and miserable many of the staff are. I know they only work for minimum wage but the workplace itself must suck if many look so angry and unhappy.

We dined inside there once before, now we had takeout. NEVER returning there again.

2  Thank Mizz-Andry