We booked for one night, approaching the place it looked promising... until we realised that each small unit on the property was actually two 'apartments' and that we would only have access to the downstairs area of the unit. Our unit door was very hard to open, we struggled with it during the whole stay.
We asked to move upstairs as many of the apartments were empty during our stay but were told that they were two bedroom and we hadn't booked that... no willingness to give any extra was a bit disappointing, but then it very rarely happens these days! We had a parking bay inside an undercover carport but couldn't get the automatic opener to work.
The gentleman at the front desk took out the battery and dusted it and the carport door then worked, however it stopped working again pretty much straight away. We didn't use the carport in the end, because we worried about getting the car stuck! The main pros and cons of the property were as follows:
+The units are tidy with all the mod cons
+ neutral modern decor
+ easy access to the town centre
+ owners friendly
+ apartment has a little courtyard, parking bay and carport
+ beds were comfy
- apartment was absolutely tiny
- way too many plastic plants decorating apartment, cluttering and unnecessary (and a bit tacky)
- transparent blind only in lounge room, as there are only two rooms to the apartment it felt a bit exposed!
- problems with key to front door and opener to carport
- door to access upstairs apartment was right by the door to our apartment - a bit unprivate and noisy
- door to apartment was flimsy (like an internal door) - again, felt a bit exposed
- mini bar was two bottles of water that cost two dollars each - completely unnecessary and the gentleman was very keen to know if they had been drunk upon check out... felt a bit like they were running some sort of water racket, trying to trick guests into drinking heavily marked-up water!
- dividing floor / ceiling between apartments was paper thin, no one was staying above us the night we were there but the cleaner was upstairs the next day and we could hear every move she made... felt like she might plunge through the ceiling at any moment she sounded so close!
- the cleaner came very early in the morning to prep the upstairs apartment and shouted at the top of her voice in the shared hallway. She propped the front door of the shared hallway open and we could hear everything going on in the carpark and smell the clouds of cigarette smoke from passers by that drifted in off the street. Clearly they wanted us out as early as possible in the morning
- I have no idea why, but all of our pillows totally stunk of urine. My husband has no sense of smell and even he noticed. The pillow cases we clean but something about the pillows themselves was definitely on the nose!
- not the prettiest of locations, not near the river of any of the 'green' areas, opposite a pub only frequented by the locals
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Victoria Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria Luxury Apartments Hotel
- The Victoria Apartments Port Fairy