What could possibly top three days of wonderful scenery, food, wine and fun - the Merrijig Inn. The weather was cold but clear and the warm cosy environment was perfect. Every detail was considered and history and heritage oozed from every brick and beam. The room was sumptuous and very comfortable, reading by the fire a delight and the breakfast absolutely delicious - all produce local and sustainable too. Liz was the perfect hostess, do not miss this treat if you are going to Port Fairy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Merrijig Inn, Victoria's oldest Inn, is our special place in Port Fairy.The Merrijig Inn is located in Port Fairy, the jewel of south west Victoria on the Great Ocean Road.The Merrijig Kitchen is our restaurant in our historic dining room. We write our menu daily from seasonal produce, sourced locally where possible from the south-west country-sdie.Our carefully crafted wine list features passionate producers who use bio-dynamic & organic practises and their wine speaks of 'terroir'.The Merrijig front bar is open every day from 4pm so you're welcome to come and enjoy a drink and a chat!Centrally located next to the wharf, the Merrijig Inn is close to all of historic Port Fairy's attractions including galleries, shopping and beaches.We hope you'll join us and enjoy the charm of the hisotric Merrijig Inn!It's exciting for us to be able to host you in one of Port Fairy's most charming buildings - so come share our love of eating great food and drinking delicious wine, and stay a while!Liz & Tanya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Merrijig Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merrijig Hotel Port Fairy
- Merrijig Inn Port Fairy, Victoria