This is a gorgeous little place to stay while visiting Port Fairy. We were stopping in for the night so decided to stay in one of the quaint little attic rooms. Yes these rooms are small but that didn't bother us as it had everything we needed. A very comfy double bed with crisp clean white bed linen and a good sized little ensuite with large fluffy bath towels. The rooms are beautifully presented and I noticed how clean this place was, not a trace of dust or anything to be seen and you can see the owners take great pride and care in keeping the place well maintained. We had access to the common areas where there was an open wood fire, tea and coffee making facilities and plenty of magazines to read. We liked the free wifi as well. Would definitely stay here again when visiting Port Fairy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Merrijig Inn, Victoria's oldest Inn, is our special place in Port Fairy.The Merrijig Inn is located in Port Fairy, the jewel of south west Victoria on the Great Ocean Road.The Merrijig Kitchen is our restaurant in our historic dining room. We write our menu daily from seasonal produce, sourced locally where possible from the south-west country-sdie.Our carefully crafted wine list features passionate producers who use bio-dynamic & organic practises and their wine speaks of 'terroir'.The Merrijig front bar is open every day from 4pm so you're welcome to come and enjoy a drink and a chat!Centrally located next to the wharf, the Merrijig Inn is close to all of historic Port Fairy's attractions including galleries, shopping and beaches.We hope you'll join us and enjoy the charm of the hisotric Merrijig Inn!It's exciting for us to be able to host you in one of Port Fairy's most charming buildings - so come share our love of eating great food and drinking delicious wine, and stay a while!Liz & Tanya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Merrijig Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merrijig Hotel Port Fairy
- Merrijig Inn Port Fairy, Victoria