I stayed at the merrijig inn after purchasing a deal on Living social. The rooms were exceptionally clean and comfortable although could do with updating. The bathrooms were very tired and the water pressure poor. We ate in the restaurant on both nights and while the food was good, I have had much better for the prices they were charging. The quality was similar to a good pub food in Melbourne although at migh higher prices. Breakfast was good and was pleasant sitting in the conservatory. Location was great, across from the marina and walking distance into the main street. I would stay again in a flash as I felt very comfortable and it is like a home away from home. If a bit of money was spent on upgrading they could truly call this 5 star but it would only be about 3 at the moment
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Merrijig Inn, Victoria's oldest Inn, is our special place in Port Fairy.The Merrijig Inn is located in Port Fairy, the jewel of south west Victoria on the Great Ocean Road.The Merrijig Kitchen is our restaurant in our historic dining room. We write our menu daily from seasonal produce, sourced locally where possible from the south-west country-sdie.Our carefully crafted wine list features passionate producers who use bio-dynamic & organic practises and their wine speaks of 'terroir'.The Merrijig front bar is open every day from 4pm so you're welcome to come and enjoy a drink and a chat!Centrally located next to the wharf, the Merrijig Inn is close to all of historic Port Fairy's attractions including galleries, shopping and beaches.We hope you'll join us and enjoy the charm of the hisotric Merrijig Inn!It's exciting for us to be able to host you in one of Port Fairy's most charming buildings - so come share our love of eating great food and drinking delicious wine, and stay a while!Liz & Tanya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Merrijig Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merrijig Hotel Port Fairy
- Merrijig Inn Port Fairy, Victoria