Port Fairy Holiday Park
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
The Victoria Hotel(Port Fairy)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
Drift House(Port Fairy)
Central Motel(Port Fairy)
Douglas Riverside(Port Fairy)
View Hotel
All reviewsbelfast coveindoor poolcamp kitchenjumping pillowpowered sitepancake breakfastbig gardenlive music nightssurrounded by treesbdrm cabinkids clubrun aroundtennis courtsstayed nightsnice bonusamenities blockgreat activities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Wanted a quiet time away over Easter and Belfast Cove ticked all the boxes for us. Young and enthusiastic owners care for their caravan park, including ripper indoor pool, amenities and customers particularly well. The extras for the younger families was exceptional ie: Easter egg hunt, nightly movies, pancakes etc.
Very quiet park too. just what we needed. Thanks Darren and Bec

Room Tip: The caravan sites near tennis court are so spacious and quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We are traveling for 3 months in our van, so we needed a place to stay for the Easter break. We are doing the Great Ocean Road for the first time so we wanted to stay somewhere along the way. We did leave it a bit late to book in for Easter and a few of the parks I rang were fully booked but I after ringing the Big 4 in Port Fairy they suggested that I call the Belfast Cove as they still had availabilities. I did and they did have a spot for us and he said the rate was $73 per night, which I thought was outrageous. I rang a couple of other parks and found that they were booked out as well so we felt that we had no choice but to take the spot. I did comment to the owner that the fee was higher than I expected, to which he replied that the Big 4 was $80 per night!!!! During the course of the next couple of weeks we enquired at every park we stayed and we found that the dearest park was only $55 per night for Easter. Due to this I again rang the owner and checked the rates which he confirmed were $73 per night but he told me that it was because his park had so many extra facilities, i.e heated pool, jumping pillow, camp kitchen.
We arrived expecting to find a park packed with fabulous facilities to warrant the rate, however we found that the van beside us was plugged into our water as they had no water outlet. We used the outlet and allowed him to run his water from our van. We also had no outlet for the power as a campsite behind us was using that outlet. The owner did sort out these issues, but I would have thought they would have been done prior. The park has only 1 - yes 1 set of amenities which was a long way from our site and very busy, sometimes meaning a wait to use the toilet. The park also only had 2 washing machines, which I have NEVER encountered in any park before. We called into another park in Port Fairy and found that their rates were only $43 so after finding that out I really felt ripped off. The park itself is very nice and I'm sure that in quieter times it would be a lovely place to stay, but sadly I won't be staying again because I really feel that they charged way too much. We also asked at the Big 4 in Warrnambool and their rates were only $55!!!!! The owner may feel that a heated pool and jumping pillow may justify his excessive rates, but I would have preferred a closer set of toilets and an extra washing machine!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lee G
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Have just stayed for three nights on a powered site with my husband and two golden retrievers. We were made to feel really welcome with our dogs being given specially wrapped treats when we booked in. The park is beautifully maintained with an abundance of trees and shrubs. Many of the sites have plants on three sides, giving a feeling of seclusion even when the park is busy. The heated indoor pool is the icing on the cake. The park is just a short drive to the beautiful East Beach and town centre. My only regret is that we aren't able to stay longer but we booked all our accommodation in advance of our travels and so have another site awaiting our arrival. Will definately be back.

Room Tip: The sites bordering on camping field give both the feeling of seclusion and space. (Note: I am writing this review on an ipad and touched the 'rooms' rating by mistake and was not able to remove it, so please ignore that rating as it is not applicable to our stay).
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Rebecca h, Manager at Port Fairy Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Thank -you so much for taking the time to write such a great review of our park.
We are happy to hear you & your family enjoyed yourself & we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Sometimes things happen for a reason. In late 2012 we decided to holiday in Port Fairy over Christmas and were lucky to get a place at Belfast Cove. Booked purely based on the website and what was available at that time we found a real gem of a holiday destination. The website belies the reality of what Rebecca and Darren have created here. A beautifully landscaped park with shady sites and quaint looking cottages. Belfast Cove is a truly family friendly park run and maintained by people who understand families and what it takes to make a great family holiday. Whilst we were there we stayed at both the powered and unpowered sites with two kids aged 5 and 7. We planned to stay for 12 nights and ended up staying 14 but could easily have been more if we didn't have to get back to work. Darren and Rebecca ran activities every other day with kids stuff on Tuesdays and Thursdays - the Belly Bumpers were a great hit with young and old alike and proved a great spectator sport. The facilities included a camp kitchen, laundry, shower block, jumping pillow, indoor heated pool and office kiosk for the essentials including the morning paper and a coffee. Everything was kept clean and tidy and it was a pleasure to bump into Darren on his usual daily rounds. These guys were tireless in serving there guests and we instantly felt at home on arrival. We would love to keep this secret hideaway to ourselves but Rebecca and Darren's hospitality needs to be experienced by everyone to put life into perspective. Well done guys. We look forward to coming back again. Andy & Diane Duncan

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 12, 2012

My wife and I have just returned from a 6 night stay on a powered site. Everyone who has stayed here quite rightly raves on about the fantastic lawns, trees, shrubs and gardens; they really are everything that people describe and the birdsong is beautiful.

Our tent site had lovely grass and was shaded on 3 sides by mature trees and shrubs.

The cabins are nestled under mature trees and surrounded by shrubs and look fantastic. They have 2 new cabins about to be opened this season that look terrific; very modern and stylishly furnished.

The cleanliness of the camp kitchen and shower/toilet block is a credit to the camp operators and the cleaning staff.

The whole place has a lovely Botanic Gardens look and feel and is such a pleasant change from many of the Big 4 sites that we have stayed at that are often surrounded by high chain link fences, electric boom gates, denuded landscapes to allow cabins and vans to be packed in regimented lines like WW2 POW camps.

Just 2 mins drive to the main shopping area in Port Fairy and a pleasant walk, which takes you past a lovely English style tearooms.

We loved the place and can give it our highest recommendation.

H & J