“Delicious food at a reasonable price”

Lemongrass Thai Cuisine Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 49 Restaurants in Port Fairy
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: New restaurant owned by Thai chef and his Australian wife. They moved from Sydney to start this restaurant as they originate from this area.
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

This place measures up to Melbourne standards in terms of food quality. We has the money bags for entree which were very tasty, and the green chicken curry did not disappoint - good sized serving for the three of us to share (we decided on takeaway), and we had rice and roti for sides. My only quibble was with the size of the roti - bread and butter plate diameter for $5 - delicious but pricey. We were also advised to order 2 serves of rice which was excessive. Will go with 3 roti & 1 rice next time! Good to see another cuisine to choose from in Port Fairy!

2  Thank Terrane07
There are newer reviews for Lemongrass Thai Cuisine Restaurant

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Food was pretty amazing here and the restaurant is setup well and has a nice atmosphere. They have two 'sittings' so you can't really choose the time to eat which was a little strange given there were about 5 people in the place. Service was pleasant but they needed to be reminded about things like drinks and a few other things. Food is great service is average. But I would go back if I was craving Thai in port fairy, just might do take away next time.

1  Thank Toppee
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We chose this place based on the great reviews of this website. How awful.
The service was ok but I had to ask at least 3 times for a glass of water and an empty bowl. Mind you the paid drinks came almost immediately.
The Tom Yum soup was so concentrated that I think they forgot to add the water to the paste. It was so unpalatable (sweet & salty & oily) that I could not get through my tiny bowl.
The Garlic Pepper Beef did not have an authentic flavour. The was not even 100g of sliced dry beef hiding under the vegetables. Which is ok of you weren't sharing it and it didn't cost almost $20.
The Thai Fried Rice with Prawns was nice if only they cooked all of the prawns.
The Red Curry Chicken was nice but just a little too sweet.
So far my experience with dining out in Port Fairy has been a real let down. I don't mind paying good money for good food but I do mind paying for ordinary food.
I think we will stick to cooking our own meals for the rest of the stay.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Great little local Thai restaurant that even on a out of season wednesday night was very busy. the food was delicious and authentic and the service was delightful. If anything the dishes were a little mild on the chilli factor but we like green curries quite spicey and it does say on the menu that you can ask for curries to be spiced up, (and we didnt ask).

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Brilliant, same price to eat in as it is to get take away so sit down and relax!
This is a BYO restraunt.