“Great Ocean Road Stopover”
Review of Daisies by the Sea

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Fairy
Daisies by the Sea
Ranked #6 of 12 Port Fairy B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Simple but comfortable B&B with great view over the bay. Walk straight from room to the beach. Fresh and clean; breakfast brought on tray to the room. Excellent bathroom.
Beach flies quite a problem once you venture outside but efficient window screens keep them out. Safe off road parking. You only need a couple of hours to see Port Fairy which has limited restaurants selection.

Reviewed January 22, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night in February 2011 on our Great Ocean Road trip and wish we'd stayed longer. As soon as we walked in our room and saw the view we just fell in love with the place.
The room was big with a large double bed and nice seating area with a small sofa and a table with 2 chairs. The bathroom was very nice with a large walk-in shower and a nice spa bath.
With such a lovely view we decided to eat in and popped into town for a few supplies - it was a 5-10 min journey in the car and there were a good choice of small shops.
We were up quite early the next day and by 8.30am our breakfast was delivered and it was lovely - there were eggs, bacon, sausage, tomato, toast, freshly squeezed orange juice and a cup of tea. There were also cereals already in the room and milk in the fridge.
All in all it was a lovely nights stay and really would stay here again as it was so nice.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

This was night two on the GOR trip heading towards Melbourne.

Daisies is a good way out of town so walking might be a bit far. It was not what I had anticipated but I liked it and I was totally comfortable. I kept thinking I was staying in my grandmothers home -- if you know what I mean. No design but comfortable with everything you need. The room is pretty large -- she has 2. I was surprised to find a jacuzzi tub but I opted for the very large walk in shower. My single bed was totally comfortable.

This is a perfect setting for a quiet time and long walks on a very peaceful beach. Out host was very pleasant but we interacted minimally b/c we were not there long. She makes a darn good breakfast that surprised us both. It far surpassed my expectations.

I would stay here again.

Reviewed December 4, 2011

I don't like to leave reviews that might seem to be harmful to the owners, but the wider community of Trip Advisor also need objectivity. We have just completed a months stay in Australia and it is against this background that I'm afraid Daisies By The Sea did not live up to expectation. There is no denying the view of the Ocean is exceptional but as a B&B I feel that things have gone off the boil a little.

The room has pretty much got everything you might need (except for Wi-fi) and its certainly spacious but some aspects are beginning to look a little tired. The cleaning in particular is in the acceptable category but short of the exceptional standard we found elsewhere during our month's tour. I counted 8 cobwebs in the room which indicates that the cleaning is of a surface "that'll do" nature. A great pity becasue this really could be a very special place. Margaret, the host, was pleasant enough but for some reason not as enthusiastic as all the other B&B proprieters we met on our stay.

The price of a stay is at the top end of the pricing structure - and indeed surpasses the best B&Bs in The Hunter Valley and likewise Katoomba. Bearing this in mind, I am forced to an "average" rating. The potential is there but things look like they are slipping and at this price, free wi-fi really should be a feature.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stayed just one night at Daisies by the Sea and wished we were staying longer. The Daisies room was very large and well-equipped with everything you could possibly need. It had a marvelous bathtub that was huge! It was very relaxing to soak after a long day of driving. The location was great, right on the beach. The sound of the waves was so soothing. Margaret and John were the perfect hosts. The breakfast was delicious! Port Fairy was a very nice town. We wished we had more time to explore the area and enjoy Daisies by the Sea. I recommend staying at least two nights. One night was simply not enough.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NancyTwiga
Reviewed June 14, 2011

A lovely room opening out onto a patio on a long sandy beach; separate dining and tv watching areas, spa bathtub and huge walk-in shower, cozy robes, very good reading lamps (a priority for me) and great pillows (a priority but seldom found) and the delivery of a full home-cooked breakfast to our self-contained accommodation was an added plus. No cooking facilities but fridge, toaster, and a coffee bodum (provided without having to be requested). The owners of this B&B didn't miss a thing. Maybe my view was coloured by being able to sit on a patio directly on the beach and getting up to take a morning stroll on the nearly deserted beach right in front of our room. But I really did not want to leave this place: it might have been a subconscious wish to stay that made me leave my credit card behind necessitating a quick drive back!

1  Thank retiredfun
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Look no further if you want a bed as close to the sea as you can get without getting your feet wet. Daisies by the Sea is virtually on the beach at Port Fairy with sweeping views of superb sands in both directions. You can literally walk out of your room and along the shore. A fabulous location and generous sized accommodation.

Bearing this in mind you need to be tolerant when a few creepy crawlies come calling – we had to silence a few cockroaches before we went to bed – so not for the squeamish.

The cooked breakfast is excellent but I was disappointed when no alternative was offered on the second morning. I just can't eat a full cooked every day. I suggested that some fresh fruit or yoghurt would be nice to go with the cereal already in the room, and the bread brought fresh for toast, but nothing arrived. Had I known this would have been the case I would have ordered a second cooked and what hubby couldn't manage would have been used cold for lunch!

We were a little disconcerted by the owner's door into our room so breakfast could be brought in on a tray as we couldn't lock it from our side. There's obviously no crime to worry about here but for those of us who can't shake off the need to be very careful it feels a little too free and easy.

Wish I could recommend it wholehearted but sad to say that John Rahilly could have been a more welcoming host. Maybe he was having a few off days, but he certainly hadn't been to the same charm school as all our previous wonderful hosts in Australia. We left feeling we must have done something wrong as other reviews we'd read didn't mention his coolness. We probably wouldn't return for this reason.

Make sure you take a walk in the evening to visit to the shearwater colony. It's fascinating to hear all the birds coming home from the sea to feed their chicks. Then return to Griffiths Island again in the morning and see how close you were to the nests. No wonder you can almost feel their feathers in your hair as they fly into land.

The Tower Hill State Game Reserve is also well worth a visit to get close up to some of the native flora and fauna. Early evening when most people are going home is a good time to catch the animals and birds going about their business in peace.

1  Thank Jacqueline G