“Ok, if not in a rush.”
Review of The Alcove Cafe

The Alcove Cafe
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Gluten-free options available. Great atmosphere. Excellent friendly service. Good coffee and possibly the best breakfast I've ever eaten!
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Good quality food and plenty of it, staff were friendly but food took a while to arrive. Overall a pleasant relaxiing experience.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

After reading some of the reviews here, I felt that I needed to put the opinion of my husband and I forward. We stopped in at The Alcove Cafe for breakfast after a sunrise visit to the Apostles. We experienced nothing out of the ordinary for a cafe! The service was good, our coffee was great and came before our food. We enjoyed our breakfast of egg and bacon toasties and moved on into our day satisfied.
I also liked and appreciated the effort that has been made in the cafe with the decor. Lovely small town cafe experience!

Reviewed July 12, 2012

My wife and I decided on some lunch at Alcove, but were left disappointed. The first thing our sensitive noses noticed was that there was a smell emanating from the tables because they were possibly cleaned with a dirty rag. It was the smell of dampness and was not pleasant, so my wife decided to wipe down our table with the hand wipes she carries with her.
Our meals did take a while, but it wasnt an unsatisfactory wait. What was unsatisfactory was the coffees emerged 10mins after our meals, and that when eating my lasagne, I found myself attempting to chew on a small fragment of plastic. Sorry, but I wouldn't recommend this place.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

While I read on a bad service experience by a fellow reviewer, I had to give a fair comment on their food. I could not forget the heavenly taste of the lamp shank and chips that came along (A$17). The lamp was tender and the accompanying sauce was tasty. The chips was flavoursome. However, as I very much prefer crispy chips, I thought it's a waste to soak the chips in the sauce. That made the chips soggy and mashy. We also ordered Turkish Focaccia's and the bread was delicious too (A$12).

Reviewed April 8, 2012

35 minutes for a fried egg and toast and bacon and egg sandwich is quite excessive, especially at 8 am, when it wasn't busy. And the waitress had the audacity to expect to be thanked! She puts down our order and announces a condescending 'thank you' in all her superiority.
I let it go, mindful that it is Easter and i didn't want drama. I needed to eat so i can take my meds. The toast was cold and soggy and my husband's bacon and egg sandwich was no better. Our food sat on the bench for 30 minutes while our table is only a few steps from the kitchen?!
I just came back from Hawaii where we received excellent customer service everywhere,
so this was a big let down. I have been inviting everyone to visit Australia, i sure wouldn't want my American and Canadian friends to be treated so shabbily by one staff at the Alcove Cafe in Port Campbell, Victoria.

6  Thank juliet136