Stayed in one of the new Deluxe cabins for 2 nites, as part of my birthday mini holiday to Port Campbell.
Let's start with the positives:
- first thing we noticed upon arrival was how clean the cabin was. My wife is a clean freak & she was impressed. Good job
- very roomy. Couch in lounge area is comfy. Kitchen area is spacious - nice big fridge
Now for some negatives, some areas to improve:
- the bed we slept in (main room) was a brick (to put it nicely). I jokingly said I'd go sleep on the table in the lounge as it would have more give!! It is awful - woke up with sore backs. Tossed & turned all nite
- the booklet with information in the room is terribly outdated. There are brochures in it dating back to 2003 & 2007!! Needs updating
- I don't agree with places that threaten to charge you extra (in this case $25) if you don't clean your dishes. I'm on holidays, I'm not at home. Plus when you're paying $150-200 a nite you expect more
- we were a little shocked to find that the owners were away on holidays when we arrived. Now I'm sure they've earned it, but it meant reception was closed & we had no access to information (outside of calling their cleaner)
- the DVD player provided does not play DVD R disks. Just a heads up for anyone looking to bring those
- from memory I believe they advertise that Austar is included. It's not. Only has digital TV. Austar is Foxtel & there is no Foxtel channels available
Also I would avoid the fish n chip shop at the petrol station in town. My wife & I got really sick after eating their food.
If you're in the area make sure you visit "Apostle Whey Cheeses", the cheeses there are amazing. Well worth a visit. "Gorges chocolates" is cool too, but is cash only.
Port Campbell is a great place to visit - so many places to see. Sadly the accomodation let us down in a few key areas. If they can replace the mattress & update the brochures I might have a better recommendation. But for now it receives a bare pass mark.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have a range of accommodation to suit all travellers.Our property is clean and comfortable.We have a lovely location just on the outskirts and looking out over the township of Port Campbell.We are surrounded by green rolling hills and our cottages, cabins and suites are positioned to take in the views.We are very close to the town, the Great Ocean Road and to the spectacular coastal scenery all around us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Daysy Hill Country Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Daysy Hill Country Cottages Port Campbell/Great Ocean Road, Australia