“PEACE AND QUITE”

Port Campbell Parkview Apartments
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Port Campbell
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Stayed here and it was so peace full with a short walk to the beach and shopping.. the staff were very welcoming and anwsered all my question.. very neat and clean rooms.. will be back there again soon

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I stayed here with my daughter recently on a short visit to the Great Ocean Road.
On arrival I was disappointed to realise I had booked the hotel furthest from the beach.
We booked via booking.com (a mistake) as we had to change our dates a couple of times and this was confusing and didn't work. Better to call the hotels direct. Unfortunately we ended up in a two bedroom apartment as opposed to the original cheaper one bedroom apartment.
I requested a quiet room.
On arrival we were given the two bedroom room right by the driveway to the car park. It was very dark, old, badly furnished and in desperate need of an update. It was quite frankly horrible. I requested a better room, said I would pay the same rate but wanted a quieter nicer room and only needed one bedroom. This I got, but it was still pretty ordinary. Pet hate, very stingy with one tiny shampoo and conditioner bottle and small towels. (These sorts of things are so cheap so come on.... ) if I hadn't been charged upfront already I would have walked out and found somewhere else. Despite this being school holidays there were vacnacies all over town with the backpackers looking very tempting in comparison.
I should say the man who helped us at the motel was very nice.
I am surprised by other good reviews on here, because I used trip advisor to pick this hotel.
Having stayed at a hotel at Warrnambool the previous night that cost half the price and ten times the comfort I'd say pick somewhere else.

2  Thank talkingp
ParkviewPortCampbell, Owner at Port Campbell Parkview Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

As this is our first one star review I think it is important that I question this review.
Firstly, to all the guests who have taken the time to write such wonderful reviews of our establishment, thank you. Our team of managers and cleaners are extremely hard working and very professional. We always endeavour to provide the very best of service in order to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as we can.
We appreciate your kind comments and thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedules to endorse our motel.
With regards to this particular guest, I am wondering of the motives behind such a scathing attack on our business.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I cant imagine a better place to stay when doing the Great Ocean Road trip. We stayed 2 nights (which works well for that road trip as the major places to visit are 12 kms on either one side or another of this town).

The large 1 bedroom apartment was only let down by having no space for our suitcases in the bedroom. All the other details were great - well equipped to be self catering with a fullsize fridge, fullsize cooktop, microwave, table and chairs for 4 in our room (Room 13) and 2 seater lounge and 2 chairs. Good TV, Free WiFi, full (shared) laundry with washing powder supplied with 2 machines and 2 driers.

5 minute walk to the town centre and the local cafes and restaurants. The local shops sells small, single and super-small sizes in many items - breakfast items cereal, butter, jams which is extremely useful for a short stay.

Great restaurants nearby especially enjoyed 12 Rocks Care & Bar and huge servings at the Craypot Bistro and the local pub. The town does seem to lack any decently made coffee!

Would more than happily stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This apartment was really clean! Check in and check out procedures were pretty simple and fast.

We had the 2 bedroom apartment no. 9, loved the car park that was just right in front of the house! The unit was clean with modern settings.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed here recently for a night while on the GOR road trip. I'm glad we found this place! The staff were really friendly and helpful, the apartment was perfect for my family of 3 and the price was very reasonable. Will stay here again if I return!

1  Thank Ditteee
Reviewed September 17, 2013

These apartments were perfect for us. Centrally located, nice size, very clean, comfortable and lovely friendly staff. Just what you need when you are travelling from place to place. Excellent value for money too

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2013

On arrival we were greeted by the owner of the apartments and she was friendly, helpful and gave us great advice on what to see on the Great Ocean Road and other good places to visit nearby. She took the time to settle us into our room and made sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed. Some of the best customer service that I have ever experienced. I would recommend this accommodation to everyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple