Tripadvisor
Port Campbell
All reviews bed dorm the kitchen private room common areas one night the great ocean road board games comfy couches free wifi craft beer lounge area recommend staying here the ground floor a great stay small town toilets hallway
Selected filters
Reviewed January 15, 2020 via mobile

The best hostel I've stayed in! I've cycled the East Coast staying in hostels mostly for three months. The welcome I received here was exceptional. The facilities are spotless and modern. Plenty social areas, outside seating area and a fantastic range of home-brewed beers. The beach, store and restaurants nearby. Would highly recommend.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed January 13, 2020

I'm not a huge fan of hostels. Often, I find the communal lifestyle a touch too dirty (I'm not the tidiest traveler, but as long as I don't have to share the mess I'm good) and a touch to public (I like my privacy)...which was why Port Campbell Hostel was such a pleasant surprise. After hoofing it through the outback for the better part of a week and staying in dingy hostels, it was nice to arrive at such a clear, very modern, and mostly very quiet accommodation.

The bunks and the rooms were very clean, and well kept - however you are expected to "sheet" your own bed when you arrive and toss your sheets in the bin when you leave - still, a small price to pay in my opinion.

The communal area was super chilled out and beautifully furnished. The kitchen (although I never really used it ) was clean and really modern. Plus on top of all that Port Campbell is a beautiful town. Really positive experience, I'd love to visit again - and I'd easily consider staying here, it's great vaule for money.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed January 7, 2020

We stayed here in a room for three for just one night and throughly enjoyed ourselves.

The hostel is well placed near the beach, clean, fun, good value and the staff are really lovely :)

There's everything you need here to have a great stay - ample showers and toilets, clean bright rooms, a bar, well equipped kitchen and nice social space. They even have a micro brewery on site and sell their own beer which is definitely worth a try!

I'd highly recommend staying here!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 5, 2020

The hostel is attached to a brewery with some of the best beer I've had in Australia, delicious pizza for a good price, and a fun open atmosphere to meet lots of other travelers!

The hostel itself is clean and comfortable as well.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed December 20, 2019

This hostel is extraordinary. Location is perfect, staff are brilliant, and downstairs pizza is a win. Thanks to Jerry and the crew for a gold-star stay. Rooms: clean, spacious and well-maintained. Bar: great range of beers, comfy couches and top set of board games. Warm recommend.

Date of stay: December 2019