“Home away from home” 4 of 5 bubbles

Sea Foam Villas
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Port Campbell
“Home away from home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I travel often to Port Campbell for work. Always stay in Sea Foam.
Rooms are more like serviced apartments with microwave and stoves in the kitchens. Front rooms have good views of the water. I prefer the rear top level rooms. CRT TVs are a bit retro but there is not much to watch anyway.Can occasionally hear people in the rooms below.
Staff are always very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Spa rooms are nice but can be a pain if you just want to shower, as water splashes all over the floo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Daniel V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Great Location and new owners were really appreciative of any comments.They obviously want to make this the best Motel in town which it already nearly is.
Clean, big rooms, quiet location and easy parking close to shops, beach etc. I live in hotels and motels and this is definitely one of the better ones. My only tiny gripes were no handtowel and one facewasher, which is about to change apparently, and TV was too small for how big the lounge room was. Staff were really helpful and it was very clean. I will def stay here again. Well done and all the best to the new owners.

Room Tip: Top level facing ocean or cheaper option would be bottom level villa spa room for 2.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GregH272
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed in a standard room up the back of the complex. The apartment itself was clean with a reasonable layout. Disappointingly however, I heard EVERYTHING coming from the apartment above me and the light on the stair case shone directly into the bedroom, so that even with the blinds completely closed, the room was still quite bright. The combination of these 2 issues, resulted in a very bad night's sleep. Parking is also quite tight. The place has potential, but falls short of the mark sadly.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jen W
australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed at sea foam villas for 2 nights, we were very happy with the stay. Clean and Tidy a very beautiful place.The Kitchen in our room had all the facilities we needed. We were very lucky to also get upgraded to a spa suite with a belcony view
Thanks for a enjoyable stay

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

I rang up the Sea Foam Villas at very short notice to accomadate for 10. I thought my chances were very slim to get 2 villas side by side but boy was I wrong. They were fantastic villas with your own privacy and were big enough to still have privacy. The service was fantastic and I would highly recomend it. I will be back there to stay and I think that this time I will be staying longer. Thankyou for a fantastic weekend and a fantastic Mothers day!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed in the 'Ocean View' apartment. Their website clearly states "Wander onto your large balcony and look out across the entrance of Port Campbell Bay to the Southern Ocean, a spectacular sight at any time of year." However on arrival to our room (#5B) we actually could not see the bay or the ocean! We promptly went back to reception and they kindly moved us to another Ocean View apartment #8B, which we could see a tiny part of the water. This was disappointing as the whole reason for choosing this accommodation was the idea of being able to view the water. If this is what you want to do then you should either choose the Penthouse or Bay View rooms as they overlook the bay and are only metres from the water.

The facilities in the Ocean View rooms was good, very modern kitchen with microwave, stove/oven, dishwasher and fridge. The bathroom was great, spa/bath, shower, very clean. The couches were old, so much so that they were decaying and parts of the fake leather was breaking off and attached to our clothes and you could see bits of couch throughout the apartment. This made me not want to sit on the couch. I would have put a blanket over the couch but they were dirty! Yes, the blanket on the bed had visible white marks on it, the blankets in the cupboard were also dirty and marked. This was the worst part of the accommodation (dirty blankets and decaying couch!).

Otherwise, the apartment was neat and tidy and extremely close to the main street, restaurants, bay, walking tracks and had very convenient parking, also offered free 2hour wifi.
I would stay here again but would choose the rooms that I could see the water.

Room Tip: For a view of the water choose the Penthouse rooms or Bay View rooms. The Ocean View rooms look onto...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NiUsagi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Travelling with friends from Wales we stayed for one night...we were stuck out the back 5A..had to walk through a garage that housed the rubbish bins that smelt disgusting and up the back stairs...poor quality, no air conditioning and thread bare towels and an old dated TV that are not even sold any more... TV too small for room. We over looked the car park and after having a meal across the road we had to walk through a dark garage that now had a car in it...no light switch at entrance of garage so had to fumble our way through the dark...manager was very rude when I aired my views...I would not recommend

Stayed April 2013
Andrew O, Owner at Sea Foam Villas, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Pauline B,

Thank you for yuor review on Trip Adviser regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 03 5598 6413.

Andrew O'Connor