“Excellent Country Motel, friendly staff, nice rooms, and the best beds!!”
Review of Morwell Motel

Morwell Motel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Morwell
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stayed here for a week for work and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Very good value for money. The staff was lovely and forthcoming, the room very comfy and well fit out, big fridge and good appliances to make your own brekky and othet meals and the best King size bed! Would definitely recommend to anyone staying in the area anytime!

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed May 3, 2013

What a wonderful motel! In fact the best I've stayed at, rivalling what many hotels offer. So many great features as everyone has identified & with which I wholeheartedly agree!
I was travelling to Sale but couldn't see anything appealing in that town so checked out Morwell. Such a find! The photos & descriptions online match the actual motel (motel's actually better in person!) It felt like a classy hotel in Melbourne. The complimentary breakfast was topnotch & all the detailing in the room was outstanding! Service by the guys was also FAB with a few extra thoughtful touches! I would recommend this motel as a base to anyone touring the Gippsland.

Room Tip: I found a promo code on Trip Advisor that gave me free breakfast
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stay at a lot of places for work, and Morwell Motel is well above the standard for a motel. This is also evident in all the other reviews about it.

Their accommodation prices are low, and rooms are pleasant and modern. The bed was comfortable, a work desk is available, large TV, microwave, large fridge, plates/bowls/cutlery. They even provide nespresso machines and coffee pods in rooms. These little things are what I find lacking at most places I go, especially at 5 star big name hotels - it makes it tough when spending life traveling.

Even the guest laundry is free to use - that's a first for me. To keep the list going - they even provide free wifi.

I can't recommend staying here highly enough if you find yourself staying in Morwell.

Room Tip: Rooms all have easy access from carpark via steps or on ground level where cars are.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JerryB1000
Reviewed April 24, 2013

The only place to stay in Morwell. The staff are fantastic and the rooms are beautiful!! Very clean, modern & the beds are to die for! I travel here monthly for work and always feel safe and welcome at the motel. Close to shops and restaurants - very easy to get to.
I highly recommend Morwell Motel.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed overnight at Morwell Motel on our recent trip to Morwell our room was very moden and clean and nice and warm as the heater was already on, king size bed and pillows was wonderful and very comfortably had a great night sleep a shame we had get up and leave early as we were helping out on a car rally near by. The staff were very friendly and ccommodating, we even had real milk for tea and coffee it was a pleasure staying here will definitely stay here again. i would recommend this Motel to anyone looking to stay down in Morwell. Vicki

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed overnight at the Morwell Motel on a work road trip throughout Victoria. I travel extensively through Australia staying at many similar Motel. The Morwell Motel was a huge surprise. The rooms are modern and well appointed. The heater was on when I entered the room, such a simple thing to do but so greatly appreciated. The kingsize bed was exceptional quality and really good pillows. And best of all a real coffee machine in every room, with REAL milk. I hate drinking my morning coffee with that horrible UHD milk. Again so simple an idea but such a nice way to start the day with a decent coffee. The staff we were very friendly. I highly recommend the Morwell Motel and I will definitely be stay there on my next trip.

1  Thank Darren M
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Very enjoyable stay!! I was visiting for a work trip and it was a pleasure staying here. Refreshing to stay in a Motel that has standards of a lovely hotel in Melbourne CDB. Staff were more than accommodating - even going the extra mile to put the heater on in the room before I arrived! The room was modern and very clean! Beds - incredibly comfortable. If I’m required to stay away for work in this area - wouldn't go out of my way to look at any other options.

Coffee machine, flat screen tv, cloud softness comfy bed! Lovely :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
grant m, Owner at Morwell Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank-you for your very kind review we look forward to welcoming back at Morwell Motel very soon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Morwell
Comfort Inn Cedar Lodge
#2 of 8 in Traralgon
Bridges on Argyle
Bridges on Argyle
#3 of 8 in Traralgon

Been to Morwell Motel? Share your experiences!