“Great food, great atmosphere, very hospitable!”
Review of The Lorne Ovenhouse - CLOSED

The Lorne Ovenhouse
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Pizza
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 11, 2011

We came to The Ovenhouse after being rejected from other restaurants on a Saturday night around 8pm. We were greeted by the lovely lady behind the bar and immediately seated by the friendly waiter to a cosy table for the two of us.
We enjoyed the pita bread with dips and olives to start. I had the seafood linguini, which is probably the best I have eaten! and my husband ordered the ovenbaked lamb which was sensational.
The wine selection is great and with a full bar it has everything you could want.
We decided to support the local backpacker crepe chef "Frenchy" for dessert, which was set up just outside the restaurant - a truly delicious treat (I had to go back the following night for more!!).
Clearly they are a very welcoming family run business who take pride in details.
If you want an enjoyable night with great food and drinks - look no further than The Ovenhouse.
I will certainly be making a return!

Reviewed November 26, 2010

I had the lamb pizza it was awesome. They had some other great options including the duck pizza on the special menu

Reviewed May 13, 2010

Over two years we have enjoyed the delights of this fantastic restaurant, and always leave feeling that we have been personally looked after by its helpful and friendly staff. We come to Lorne in autumn when its quiet, laid-back and peaceful.

The slow cooked lamb shoulder, served with minted yoghurt is worth dying for. It literally melts in the mouth.

If there is a dish with mushrooms accompanying it, and you love mushrooms like I do, order extra ones because they are orgasmic.

We shared an entree of muscles cooked in white wine, garlic, chile, and tomato with fresh basil, and felt compelled to come back and have one each and try a pizza.

We had trouble deciding which pizza to order, because they all sound amazing, but eventually settled on lamb with minted yoghurt, spanish onions and tomato. Need I say more when it comes out of a wood fired oven?

Reviewed November 29, 2009

We had a very good dinner here. The restaurant, food and service were all that could be expected. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Lorne.

Reviewed May 19, 2009

I had read the reviews to guage whether I should bring a group of 15 (including 7 kids) to dine here over a recent weekend. We decided to give it a go, and I'm delighted we did!! The staff were very accomodating and friendly. They even put us all in a seperate area so the kids could...well, you know...be kids. They have a lovely kids meal selection (the calamari and chips were really delicious) and they came out quickly and included ice cream for desert. The adult meals were also great. The pizzas and calzone were wonderful. I had "warned" against the lamb, but a few friends ordered it anyway. I'm pleased to say, even the lamb was great... the boys raved about how tender and yummie it was. The nicest surprise was the bill at the end. The price was extreemely reasonable considering kids and adults were full with food and drinks (including beers, wines, etc). We all agreed we'd go back again as the value and quality of food/service were great.