“Delicious!”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Pizza
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2011

Absolutely beautiful food with a home cooked quality. Highly recommend the Gnocchi & the slow roasted Lamb, it melts in your mouth.

Reviewed May 23, 2011

My wife and i found the oven house after a weekend away and it is now one of our favs we always stop there when we head down the coast the pizza is real the lingunine is amazing and the mussels are a must have.
we always eat to much and never seem to spend what we do in melbourne.
we have been back three times in the last year and will be back as often as we can.

1  Thank danMitcham
Reviewed May 20, 2011

The food was brilliant. Each of the dishes had the chefs own mark of brilliance, helping this place stand out from the rest. My wife and I agreed that the food was among the best we had ever tasted. The staff were extremely efficient in this small but cosy dining experience - absolutely brilliant

1  Thank Brocklebec
Reviewed May 2, 2011

I recently went to the ovenhouse with my partner looking for a nice place to eat. The food was very nice (breads, pizza & pasta) but outdone by the service and great feel to the place. The staff were friendly and would recommend highly as a very solid place to go.

1  Thank Bunty21
Reviewed March 13, 2011

Look no further for a decent coffee in Lorne than the Ovenhouse. Right temperature milk, right grind on Gravity coffee bean and right size of the head on the latte.

We ate here for both Breakfast and dinner. I ordered the poached eggs with bacon, hash brown and mushroom as sides. Poached eggs were done well (actually runny! hard to find somehow these days) and the mushrooms were mixed in honey that made an interesting sweet and savoury flavour. Serving size was adequate.

For dinner, I went for the Seafood Linguine given the Age Good Food raved on about it. It was just as the writer described it - local seafood done well in a pasta dish! My wife had the lamb woodfire pizza with mint/yoghurt. This was also a winner ... Deserts were Chocolate fudge cake and Cheesecake (old school style) both done very well!

Clearly the standout coffee joint along the Mountjoy pde strip of shops. An ambient place with a nice feel of inside ... the outside tables make for a nice place in the shade to enjoy Breakfast or Lunch.

Well done ... I will be back.

1  Thank Stav747