“Great meal, great place at a great price”
Review of The Lorne Ovenhouse - CLOSED

The Lorne Ovenhouse
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Pizza
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 2, 2011

I recently went to the ovenhouse with my partner looking for a nice place to eat. The food was very nice (breads, pizza & pasta) but outdone by the service and great feel to the place. The staff were friendly and would recommend highly as a very solid place to go.

1  Thank Bunty21

Reviewed March 13, 2011

Look no further for a decent coffee in Lorne than the Ovenhouse. Right temperature milk, right grind on Gravity coffee bean and right size of the head on the latte.

We ate here for both Breakfast and dinner. I ordered the poached eggs with bacon, hash brown and mushroom as sides. Poached eggs were done well (actually runny! hard to find somehow these days) and the mushrooms were mixed in honey that made an interesting sweet and savoury flavour. Serving size was adequate.

For dinner, I went for the Seafood Linguine given the Age Good Food raved on about it. It was just as the writer described it - local seafood done well in a pasta dish! My wife had the lamb woodfire pizza with mint/yoghurt. This was also a winner ... Deserts were Chocolate fudge cake and Cheesecake (old school style) both done very well!

Clearly the standout coffee joint along the Mountjoy pde strip of shops. An ambient place with a nice feel of inside ... the outside tables make for a nice place in the shade to enjoy Breakfast or Lunch.

Well done ... I will be back.

1  Thank Stav747
Reviewed March 11, 2011

We came to The Ovenhouse after being rejected from other restaurants on a Saturday night around 8pm. We were greeted by the lovely lady behind the bar and immediately seated by the friendly waiter to a cosy table for the two of us.
We enjoyed the pita bread with dips and olives to start. I had the seafood linguini, which is probably the best I have eaten! and my husband ordered the ovenbaked lamb which was sensational.
The wine selection is great and with a full bar it has everything you could want.
We decided to support the local backpacker crepe chef "Frenchy" for dessert, which was set up just outside the restaurant - a truly delicious treat (I had to go back the following night for more!!).
Clearly they are a very welcoming family run business who take pride in details.
If you want an enjoyable night with great food and drinks - look no further than The Ovenhouse.
I will certainly be making a return!

Reviewed November 26, 2010

I had the lamb pizza it was awesome. They had some other great options including the duck pizza on the special menu

Reviewed May 13, 2010

Over two years we have enjoyed the delights of this fantastic restaurant, and always leave feeling that we have been personally looked after by its helpful and friendly staff. We come to Lorne in autumn when its quiet, laid-back and peaceful.

The slow cooked lamb shoulder, served with minted yoghurt is worth dying for. It literally melts in the mouth.

If there is a dish with mushrooms accompanying it, and you love mushrooms like I do, order extra ones because they are orgasmic.

We shared an entree of muscles cooked in white wine, garlic, chile, and tomato with fresh basil, and felt compelled to come back and have one each and try a pizza.

We had trouble deciding which pizza to order, because they all sound amazing, but eventually settled on lamb with minted yoghurt, spanish onions and tomato. Need I say more when it comes out of a wood fired oven?