“beautiful scenery friendly service”

Grand Pacific Hotel Lorne
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Lorne
Reviewed October 3, 2012

this hotel is a great place to eat! the staff are friendly and helpful and there is variety on the menu. we were welcomed on arrival and shown to a table within minutes, as soon as a table was free. we ordered a seafood platter for two and were not disappointed. the view and ambience made for a pleasant and relaxing evening.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Bernadette L
GPHLorne, General Manager at Grand Pacific Hotel Lorne, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Dear Bernadette L,

Thank you for great review of the Grand Pacific Hotel & Apartments. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your evening.
Our menu is always changing and we have an exiting new menu in the pipe line geared up for a warm summer with live music in the afternoons!
Next time you are coming down from Geelong we would love to have you back for another relaxing evening!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Myself and five other ladies stayed here for a girls night away, we had a fantastic time the apartment was amazing very comfortable more than enough room for all of us. We had dinner and breakfast here also it was just beautiful and the staff were amazing and very helpful. we will be back every year for our annual trip. keep the good work up guys!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
GPHLorne, General Manager at Grand Pacific Hotel Lorne, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Dear Crystal W,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Grand Pacific Hotel & Apartments, I am delighted to hear that you all enjoyed your time with us.
Our apartments do offer a great space for groups with stunning ocean views. I am very pleased to hear that you took advantage our our bistro too.
We look forward to seeing you back here again for your next annual trip!

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Loved the hotel, very historic and has a nice charm. Room was clean and although basic was very inviting and cosy. The restaurant downstairs has a decent menu and the food was tasty. Nice views from the hotel balcony and restaurant, although the room I stayed did not have views.
I really enjoyed my stay and it was reasonably priced, but the only downside was the noise that travels through the hallways - which I imagine is because the building is quite old.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Dear ellasyn,

Thank you for review of the Grand Pacific Hotel & Apartments. We are always pleased to hear when a guest loves the hotel. This is a older historical property and while other pubs in town are open later into the night we do not have bistro that stays open later then our dinner service, so that all the rooms are able to enjoy a quiet night.
We have a variety of hotel rooms, some ocean facing and some not, but all have access onto our guest balcony which has stunning views over the water. Dolphins in the bay yesterday made it even more special for our guests!

When you are next down from Brisbane we would love you welcome you back again.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed one night and were upgraded to a King room with a sea view. Check in was a simple affair and the room was big and the bed really comfy especially on a cold winter evening. Staff were friendly and tho the hotel is rather old, it is still a great lil place.

Dear WanderLust C,

Thank you for your feedback, we are always delighted to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay and found the staff to be friendly!
We try to keep check-in and check-out as simple and efficient as possible for our guests, so that they can get to the more important things, relaxing and enjoying the views from the guest balcony! There were dolphins in the bay just yesterday which was a delight!

If you are ever back to Victoria and the Surf Coast we would love to welcome you back.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

We stayed for one night at the beginning of our great ocean road holiday. Booked on wotif for a discounted rate. We had booked the Queen Pier Room but were upgraded when we arrived to a king room.
Rooms are basic but the views are fantastic and room was very clean. Carpet was pretty stained but still clean.
The place has an old grand feeling to it and was perfect for what we wanted.

Dear seal-loves-holiday,

Thank you for your feedback of the Grand Pacific Hotel. Lorne is a fabulous base to explore the Great Ocean Road and the Grand Pacific Hotel is a charming building set just opposite the Lorne pier. We are routinely giving the historical property a makeover and uplift, one of the more recent items has been the carpet in the property!
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and would love to see you again next time you are down the Great Ocean Road.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

My friend`s and I went there last night for dinner, on arrival we were treated like we were putting them out wanting to dine in their venue, yes I admit we didn`t have a booking but there was room available for us, we were a table of 6.

The lady(NZ girl) serving and taking our orders did not smile once and was giving off a nasty and rude attitude the whole time we were there, we all made mention to eachother of her personality within the first 5 minutes if being there.
When taking our order she looked at us like we were dirt, i was thinking to myself come on we`re a nice bunch of people and here you are treating us like crap.
At one stage she made us wait with finished plates for about 5 minutes as she walked past us.
To top it off my partner and I had to leave before the others so I asked if they could take the money for our food or split the bill....well she nearly ripped my head off telling me she would only do one card transaction then she walked off...I thought to myself i've had enough of this women who ever she is, because I work in customer service I was disgusted in her manner she spoke to me so I asked the other staff who she was and to my surprise she was their Manager!
I told them they had been fantastic but she has been disgusting and has given the worse customer service I have seen in a long time.

This place is truely a nice place to eat with great food, just really sad to know that one person can let the team down especially the Manager!
I`ve got a feeling she was just Manager of the bistro as there was another gentleman who was lovely running around with a smile, I think he might be the Owner/Manager.

Give her the flick and do yourself a favour!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank SHANMAN82

Dear Shanman82

I am so terribly sorry to hear of your experience at the Grand Pacific Hotel & Apartments and I would like to assure you that your feedback is out of the ordinary as we like to pride ourselves with our friendly service and I apologize that is was not delivered to you and your party.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We had a great stay over the weekend , great views out of the Queen room on the top floor. The room was small and fine if your just there for a few nights. Staff are great , very friendly and helpful. My only downside was the quilt was a bit dirty and old looking , but did not worry us to much. Breakfast each morning was great and all you could eat for $15. I would be happy to stay here many times over.

1  Thank josh01Kurnell

Dear Josh31Kurnell,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Grand Pacific Hotel & Apartments.
I am very pleased to hear that you found our team helpful & friendly. Our hotel rooms are perfect for shorter stays, while our larger apartments are perfect for families and longer stays! I am sorry to hear that the quilt was not up to standard, you will be pleased to hear that our hotel rooms & apartments are getting a bit of a makeover before summer. I am delighted to hear that you would be happy to return and we will be happy to welcome you back next time you are down in Lorne!