For the price this was certainly not as advertised or what one would expect from a hotel classing itself as a resort. Looking for a weekend getaway with my partner the Mantra was the only one with availabities for the weekend we wanted. Booking online and requesting a Resort Room then upgrading to supposedely a more superior room I thought (after staying in many hotels, resorts etc in Australia and around the world) that the rooms would be a little more up to the 4 stays this hotels claims and the $220 we paid to stay the one night. Unfortunatley what we found as a bed, advertised as a King or two singles to actually be two single pushed together with a zipper holding them together (SEE PHOTO) which created a hugh lump in the middle of the bed, so there was no romance that night, the bed was that hard anyhow that even if there was someone would have been injured. The 'Resort' is just a group of Apartment blocks on the site of an old guest house that was built in the early 1900's, which is still there but has been extended on, the rooms in that building are the Heritage Rooms. The Apartments are more like a YMCA or Dorm with exposed cinder blocks and tiled foyers and steps. There are elevators though. The grounds are nicely maintained and all the ammenities such as tennis courts, putting greens, pool etc are aimed at families, not couples looking for a hideaway, and it works for families i will give it that. But it shouldn't pass itself off as a resort. We didn't stay long enough to comment on the staff but the reception was busy and still they where pleasant and friendly. In reponse to another reviewer, do not expect an Ocean View as there is none (SEE PHOTO), except maybe for a few apartments that face the west t looking towards Lorne Beach. There is a laneway running between the Resort and Beach and lined with huge old Pine Trees and Melaucas that inhibit the view. For what we paid and from my previous experiences this was overpriced for what it delivered. I will not stay here again but Lorne itself was a lovely place, Bistro C at the western end of Lorne Beach was a great place to eat and when something is that good you don't care about the price. So if your looking for romantic place to stay with the love of your life...this ain't it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only beachfront property in Lorne, Mantra Lorne is tastefully built around the oldest permanently operating guesthouse in Victoria. Located on 12 acres of lush landscaped gardens, Mantra Lorne offers a range of facilities including a family friendly Brasserie and Bar, Endota Day Spa, 18 hole putt putt course and heated indoor pool. Local attractions surrounding and within easy reach of the resort include Erskine Falls, the Twelve Apostles, Split Point Lighthouse and the Angahook State Forest. Positioned at the gateway of the iconic Great Ocean Road, Mantra Lorne is less than an hours drive from Avalon Airport and under two hours drive from Melbourne. There is a range of accommodation options including resort rooms, one and two bedroom apartments as well as Heritage Hotel rooms. The one and two bedroom apartments are fully self contained and feature kitchen and share laundry facilities, reverse cycle air conditioning, private balcony and VCR or DVD players. One bedroom apartments can be conjoined with resort rooms to create a twin key two bedroom family environment. Resort rooms and hotel rooms feature a range of outlooks including filtered ocean views or garden views and some offer spa baths. Apartments are serviced every third day of stay (i.E. 4Th and 8th day) unless stipulated otherwise at the time booking. *Note - As bedding configurations vary please request your requirements at time of booking, but please note this request cannot be guaranteed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Mantra Lorne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Erskine Beach Hotel Lorne
- Mantra Erskine Beach Lorne
- Lorne Erskine Resort
- Mantra Lorne South Pacific