“Poor quality and unprofessional service”
Review of Kosta's Taverna - CLOSED

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Dining options: Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Seating
Sydney
“Poor quality and unprofessional service”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

The starters were great and the service in the beginning as well. But when it starts getting busy the waitress is incapable of doing a good service. If you complain about the dead cooked main courses she acts like you did something wrong and don't expect to get an apology. We were really disappointed. I wouldn't recommend to spend your money there.

• Visited March 2013

Melbourne, Australia
“Pleasant and nice to be waited on well”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I went here with two children and husband on a Saturday night in February without a booking. We were early so given a window seat. The children were given crayons to draw on the paper table cloth which covered the crisp white linen tablecloth. I felt sad that the linen was covered. Being vegetarian we tried the garlic flat bread...the children loved it. i had the veggie kebabs on lentils. The lentils made it. We were keen to try their veggie moussaka. It was a little disappointing tasting a little bland. There was lots of it...almost too much. My children loved the pasta and Napoli sauce they gave them. I liked the service in this place. It was subtle and attentive but not over or underdone. Their attempt to make it feel like a greek taverna with whitewashed walls and coloured light bulbs sort of works. I doubt I will return simply because there's only one vegetarian option but it was a pleasant evening

• Visited February 2013
“Great food, friendly efficient staff & beautiful ambience !”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We had 2 outings at this place. One as a part if conference dinner where the staff super efficiently managed the event with so many people without any hiccups.

On second occasion we had some tender calamari n tasty flat head and awesome baklava with a good sparkly. Defiantly a string recommendation for their friendly efficient staff, good food n great ambience.

Sushil

Adelaide, Australia
“Contempt for customer satisfaction, a shame.”
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Lorne is lovely, but a little bereft of the kind of intimate, stylish and welcoming restaurant we were looking for. After a wander we decided Kostas could do. Having not booked the nervous waiter said we could have a table at the back, in the corner, corralled by families with kids. Oh not that one, move back one more.... Or, two minutes later, "the owner says perhaps instead you would like a premium table in the window as one just became free..." as the owner had just noticed that his staff had put a handsome cool looking couple where passers by couldn't see them in his restaurant, perhaps?

Noisy, but I decided this was atmosphere. Limited menu, but that doesn't have to be a problem. 30 minute wait from ordering to serving the starter..? Ok, so they're cooking everything to order, great.
And my calamari, when it finally arrived, was very good. Husband not so enamoured of his penne, but I thought it was ok. However, 45 minutes later, still waiting for our main courses, husband was even less impressed. The waitress (sweet, none of this - presumably - her fault) was very quick to swoop on empty glasses, but at the prices and with it beginning to feel like delay was a sales tactic for wine, I wasnt keen to play along.
three apologies for the delay "yours will be next out" (it wasn't) and eventually my husband asked if we got a complimentary glass of wine for the wait.
No, the management couldn't stand a $3 glass of red to appease customers who were starting to seriously consider leaving. That's bad business. That lost possibly 30 bucks in desert, and bought you a bad review.
When the food arrived it was average. My lamb was flavoursome but tough. Husband didn't like his fish, but I suspect he wouldn't have liked anything by that stage, and the chips were clearly standard packet chips.
$136 dollars wasted, and a disappointment to take home on a precious holiday night. Hospitality isn't scoring well round these parts.

“Great service, very friendly staff! Food was delicious!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Service was excellent, very attentive to our needs! Food was excellent better than I have had at some 4 -5 star restaurants! Especially for the very modest appearance. I did not expect such great food!