Tripadvisor
Lorne
Post
Inbox
Search

“Best place to have fast food.”

Andrew's Chicken Joint
Ranked #10 of 10 Quick Bites in Lorne
Cuisines: Fast Food
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Best place to have fast food. I came a long way from Melbourne to stay in Lorne. Started my day with breakfast in Andrews chicken joint with big breaky. That was the perfect breaky I ever had. I was happy with that and later had a bucket with Greek salad, the perfect fried chicken with spicy add-one. I recommend this as the best place to have great food within very less time.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (145)

Reviewed December 28, 2019

My god I spent money in this place. The worst food ever. Chicken was rock hard & couldnt even get the fork through it. When I tried to complain to the owner, he disrespectivly flicked his hand & walked away. On top the chicken was supposed to be grilled & I got it fried. This place should be reported to the food & health regulators. Should have read the reviews first. I suppose the tourists keep the business afloat, because anyone who has ever been there would never go back again.

1  Thank Exploration691205
Reviewed December 27, 2019 via mobile

When we arrived we asked for 6 of the nugget, chips and drink deals. We received our drinks and then waited over 20 minutes before we received one chicken and chips box. We thought that they would bring them out one by one but after another 20 minutes of waiting we realised they wouldn’t be coming and asked the waitress if our other food was coming. She replied that it already had; and pointed to the six individual nuggets and chips on our table. Apparently she thought we had asked for six individual nuggets and chips, not six boxes which would make sense because there was six of us that ordered the chicken and chips with a drink combo deal. The manager came to our table and gave us some complimentary sauce because of their mistake. This 10c saving would of been helpful if it hadn’t of expired in the strenuous amount of time before we received our food. What would have been more helpful however is if he combined the drinks we had earlier received with the nuggets and chips as was in the combo deal but he instead charged us the individual price of $4.40 per drink and $13.80 per nuggets and chips box. This priced amounted to almost $100 which is far to much for a knock off fast food shop with soggy nuggets and defrosted chips. After half an hour of waiting for our order after all the inconsistencies were cleared the waitress that served us originally came to our table wth our order of nuggets and chips. Or so she said. In the packages we received were actually an assortment of other items including fish and calamari. We took it back and preceded to wait for another 20 minutes before a different waitress noticed us still waiting at our table for our order. We could all see the realisation in her face as she realised that she had left our order in the kitchen and rushed back to fetch it for us. The food itself was cold and soggy but that’s not a surprise as it had probably been sitting in the kitchen since 5 minutes after we ordered it because you could tell it had just been defrosted and put in the fryer. If you are in the mood for fast food then feel free to eat here just beware that it may not be fast and the items they give you could hardly be classified as food.

You’re welcome
-Karen

1  Thank 857karrenj
Reviewed December 23, 2019

Worst chicken joint I have ever had. Waited 25 min for 5 piece chicken and chips which I thought was ok because at the time I figured they may have been freshly cooking the chicken. Not so! After 25 min we got a dried out basket of chips and 5 pieces of dried out like warm, if warm at all, chicken. Two pieces were unrecognisable with feathers still attached and no flesh worthy of even a mention let alone edible. Cleary this place exploit their tourist market as I would never return there if I were a local. Price for the experience, $26.60 for 5 pieces and “large” chips and 600ml drink.

1  Thank Drewson01
Reviewed November 15, 2019

Good service, really nice food and well priced. Even though it was busy we didn’t have to wait too long, and it was nice sitting outside to eat.

Date of visit: October 2019