“Delicious Food, Nice Wine and Great Service”

Maple Tree Lorne Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 46 Restaurants in Lorne
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: "We are a collection of passionate food loving, wine drinking, flavour fanatics. We source the freshest Seafood from the region.We love and use local, fresh, seasonal & sustainable produce.Come in and share our obsession."
Reviewed January 30, 2013

This restaurant was a nice surprise, we did not know about it, but we are so happy we chose to go there. It was a fine dining experience, everything was nice, atmosphere, music, food, wine and last but not least good service.

1  Thank Texbra

Reviewed January 29, 2013

After reading the reviews on this restaurant I was unsure how it would turn out however, my dinner last Friday night was amazing. We were also surprised at the bill as we had expected to pay a lot more. Overall, the presentation and the quality of the food was above and beyond.

1  Thank Kristin266
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Spending one night in Lorne we visited the Maple Tree on the recommendation of our B&B hostess. We were glad we did. We were seated at the open window which faced the street and the beach and as a result we had the opportunity to watch the Lorne version of the 'passeggiata' or the Italian evening stroll. The entree was simple and delicious, the two Thai duck curries varied in quality with one tender and the other tough and a little lacking in taste. The desserts also varied in taste with the meringue being excellent and the mousse being ok. A bottle of Riesling from Alsace represented a great buy and complemented the meal very well. Service was good, although for some reason the staff serving us changed half way through the evening even though it was not late.

1  Thank StephenR285
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner at The Maple Tree and it was fantastic. I had the eye fillet steak which melted in my mouth, it was the best steak I have had for a long time. But the best was the dessert, the Pannacotta. It was 2 different flavours, one was white chocolate and the other a citrus one. It was on a large black tile with strawberries, pistachio's with salted caramel, Creme anglaise and a berry coulis. It took me 20 minutes to eat it as I never wanted it to end so really took my time. We followed this with coffee. About a week later my husband and I went out again and I really wanted that Pannacotta again, so we headed there for dessert. I was greeted by Josh, one of the chefs who explained they change the menu for desserts frequently. I was devasted but Josh was fantastic and after looking through the dessert menu and not being able to decide, Josh went and spoke to the French chef and said he would bring back a bit of everything!! It was absolutely amazing, it looked so good I didn't want to eat it, but of course I did with my husband and it tasted as good as the Pannacotta. They were so flavoursome and not overly sweet, so hou could actually taste the ingredients. I would visit the Maple tree for for a great meal and definitely the Dessert. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Juanita W
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

My comments are the same as the previous reviewer. The service was average and the food took a very long time to come out. The girl was sweet enough but we practically had to tackle her to get a second drink. We went with children but the meal took over 45 min to come. The food, when it came was good