“Good food”

Kafe Kaos
Ranked #2 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Lorne
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Aberdeen, Scotland
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stopped by for brunch while travelling the GOR and proved to be a good stopping point. The food is cooked from scratch so service seemed to take a while – my partner had finished his drink before the food arrived, but it was very tasty which made the wait worthwhile.

• Visited July 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Decent breakfast in Lorne”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Kafe Kaos was one of the few places on the main street that was open in early June. My husband and I stopped in for breakfast before continuing on the Great Ocean Road. The service was a bit slow and unenthusiastic, but not terrible. We both got breakfast sandwiches which were decent but not great. The prices were ok but, as we found everywhere we went in Australia, pretty steep for Americans (especially for breakfast). Overall, it was a decent experience.

• Visited June 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Really good breakfast. Would suceed anywhere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

I've only been here once and only for breakfast, but it was a damn good breakfast. It would succeed in Melbourne and isn't great only because its in Lorne and there aren't many choices. I went out to bfast the morning before this and it was nowhere near as good (cant remember name of place though).

I went with my wife & daughter and a friend with wife & son. They were kid friendly with highchairs and colouring in things. We sat inside as it was cold but it would be nice outside sort of looking at the water (its on the main road nit by the beach).

The food was really good! or at least my big breakfast was top quality and I eat breakfasts out a lot! The ingredients were all fresh and had something tasty done to them. They weren't just cooked right, they had flavour. The house made beans were awesome and just left me with a good taste in my mouth afterwards. Eggs poached just right, good mushrooms, great bacon (flavour and cooked perfect) etc. Coffee was good too. Sizes were generous. Everyone else's meals looked nice too.

Atmosphere was nice and relaxed with a big communal table in the middle and lots of smaller tables around. Even a couch at the front for more casual coffees with a paper. Price was reasonable for a good breakfast in a holiday destination. Breakfasts are just getting expensive everywhere! Staff were friendly.

I will be back next time I'm in Lorne for breakfast.

• Visited May 2013
“Great breakfast although very pricey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed delicious pancake stacks that were served with a big scoop of icecream. Only downside weird collection of fruit with it and not very many. Maybe 1-2 strawberries and a few pieces of banana. Then weirdly unripe pear and grapes. Would be better with just strawberries and banana as other fruit ruin it. Great service although once served no post check for more drinks. Atmosphere nice and cosy. Slightly dear for breakie but we'd be back as pancakes were yummy.

• Visited June 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Breakfast in the Main Street”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Breakfast in Lorne is a bit of a lottery. Lots on offer, but nothing outstanding. Our breakfast was uninspiring, served with a so-so attitude, which surprised me with the local opposition so plentiful. I did enjoy reading the papers, the traffic was sparse, no screaming children to disturb the ambience. Food average but it satisfy the hunger pangs.

Visited May 2013