“The kindness of strangers”
Review of QPO Restaurant

QPO Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 93 Restaurants in Kew
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: QPO is located at 186 High St, Kew. We are open 7 days a week for breakfast lunch & dinner. Two private function rooms are available for hire.
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Firstly - I didn't eat here so this isn't a foodie review.

But Melbourne, or visitors to Melbourne, could I invite you to pop into the QPO for a drink or a meal. I was in desperate need of a loo at 7am this morning and a very kind woman offered to open up the restaurant for me so I could avail myself of the (extremely clean) amenities. I didn't even ask her - she actually chased me down when she realised I'd just been trying to pick the lock to the locked public toilets close by.

The kindness of strangers must mean great food and coffee.

I'm planning a visit for lunch soon and I'll report in.

2  Thank CateHodder
There are newer reviews for QPO Restaurant

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I enjoy patronising this establishment for breakfast, coffee and dinner. Good people watching options with 2 tram lines and a bus service very close. Service provided by attractive young staff. Inside decor is very nice but it can be very hot siding near the big windows during a hot Melbourne's summer afternoon. Pricing is quite reasonable and I feel it is quite sophisticated.
Food of all types has always been quality stuff. Highly recommended and I will return.

1  Thank LamaTemple40
Reviewed June 24, 2013

There really is something unique about having coffee in an historic building that is a much treasured part of Kew. QPO is the old Kew Post Office; built in the bygone era when post offices were as important as banks in communities and their architecture reflected that.
The coffee is fantastic and the cafe style food is lovely. Their breakfast menu is available all day - and the French toast with pear was delicious! The staff are attentive and lively. They enjoy the fact that customers are there to have a fun time. The aptly named 'Stamp Room' is available for functions. Well worth a visit...

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Went on a Friday night and expected the place to be full but it was very quiet.
The staff seemed disinterested and although it was nowhere near full it was hard to get served.
When we did it was a bit of an effort. The food was nice when it arrived and was reasonably priced.
Just a shame the staff let the place down.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Had coffee there twice during a recent visit.

Good conversion of former local post office.
Coffee was Ok, as was service.

Access may be problematic for disabled mobility.