“A great place”

Hotel 115 Kew, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Kew
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed in a 2 bed unit. It was lovely modern and clean. We where happy with the size of each room and the space having a teen it was great. Both rooms had their own tv. The bathroom was a generous size and modern. There was a generous sized wardrobe in each room so luggage and clothes were easily stored.
From the moment we walked in the staff were superb nothing was any trouble. Our room was ready early so we were able to settle in. The rooms are set back behind the hotel facad so there is no street noise.
The hotel is amoungst small strip shops that I enjoyed looking through, I even found a great hair salon directly opposite the hotel that fit me in for a wash and style without appt while I was waiting for our room to be ready. (Mecca hair design)
The trams are directly out front and run regularly. Kew is a little further from the city.
I will definitely use the hotel again when visiting Melbourne.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Melmusic
Ivan S, General Manager at Hotel 115 Kew, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent visit to our Hotel.
I am genuinely happy that you enjoyed your experience; the rooms have been carefully laid out with a focus on comfort and technology and the staff work extremely hard to exceed guests expectations. I appreciate your comment regarding the hairdresser; I personally used them after your recommendation and was equally as satisfied and they were delighted that you had posted feedback about them.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

As this hotel is very near our Melbourne office I have stayed twice recently and both times the experience was great. With easy check-in/out, wonderfully equipped rooms and good food it offers so much more than other hotels in the immediate area.
Although the location is on a fairly busy road, with good access to the trams, the rooms are very quiet. It's just a short walk to restaurants on High St so you are not far from the action of either Kew or Melbourne CBD.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Ivan S, General Manager at Hotel 115 Kew, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Hi Donna,

Thank you for your recent feedback. We are finding that guests are really enjoying where the Hotel is situated, with easy access to CBD Melbourne, but being far enough away to escape some of the hustle and bustle.

We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

I stay in the hotel often due to working once a week in the area. Beautiful modern room, luxury bathroom with fabulous showerhead. All the luxury touches youd expect in a 5 star hotel. Very impressed with the staff who were so friendly. Had a lovely comfortable sleep and was so quiet! Ill definitely be back. The only neg was the bench where the mini bar was dirty and had been wiped down with a sticky cloth and there was only 1 wine glass which was dirty but reception brought up straight away. Will be back definitely.

• Stayed: September 2012

Hi Jetsetter,

Thank you for your honest feedback, I am glad that you enjoyed your overall stay. I do apologise that we missed a couple of housekeeping items in your room, I was pleased to see however that the staff reacted quickly and made sure the rest of your stay was seamless. Thank you for being understanding and allowing us the opportunity to recitfy these items.

I look forward to seeing you back in our Hotel in the future.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

A newer suburban addition to the Melbourne scene - close to the city with suburban (or better) prices - even better, they have one of the best service ethics we have seen for a long time. Rooms (even the cheapest) are big, and the delux rooms and suites huge. We will always stay here now.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. The team are working extremely hard to deliver and maintain a high standard of service. We are very excited about the Hotel, you are correct in saying the rooms are Superb, nicely appointed and spacious.

We look foward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We live locally so didn't stay at the hotel but decided to try it for dinner last night. We were impressed!

We decided to have a drink in the bar lounge and were treated to excellent service from the friendly and most professional bartender SVEN. I started with a great value tasting tray of beers and absiolutely loved the Sawmill What Beer from Otway.

We decided to have dinner at the bar and selected a few tasting plates. This was a difficult decision as everything on the menu sounded great. We settled on the pork belly wrapped in lettuce with chilli paste and cucumber, the steamed oxtail buns and the wagyu beef sliders. We were not disappointed with anything we had. I really wanted to try the fried calamari but couldn't eat any more. Needless to say we will try that when we return.

This was a most refreshing and enjoyable dining experience. The food and service was excellent and could not be faulted. The beers on tap that I tried were excellent, including a couple that are brewed on-site in the micro brewery. Needless to say we wil be returning soon.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi,

We are receiving excellent feedback about both the Restaurant and Bar, the Kitchen are achieving excellent consistency and there will be some new dishes launched this week. Guests are also enjoying the micro-brewery, we have added last week a German style wheat beer to enjoy alongside our Oktoberfest celebrations.

I hope to see you in the Hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We were really looking forward to staying at this new hotel and were quite disapointed. On check in the hotel staff were not particularly friendly and asked my husband (who dressed casually after driving for hours to get there) if he even had a credit card.

The t.v. in the room was large but shocking because like other reviewers, the mac system crashed meaning no t.v all night and the dvd player ate my disk. The staff tried to fix it but as soon as they left it crashed again. The rooms were dark but very clean. Overall the hotel is in a great location, close to public transport and the city etc. but thats about all it has going for it. Overall with being so close to the city, my advice would be check out other hotels in the cbd or in Richmond etc. This one is a dud!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sam2012255100
Ivan S, Manager at Hotel 115 Kew, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Hi Sam,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent visit.

I sincerely apologise that you didn’t enjoy your stay; I am completely surprised that you found the staff to be unfriendly. I have a combination of experienced and brand new staff to the industry and they were recruited with their genuine attitude to look after guests. We do ask guests for credit cards for security purposes on check-in as part of our standard Hotel check in procedure, the Rooms Division Manager is currently looking into the wording of this at Check in to ensure it is being asked in the correct manner.

As you have mentioned in other reviews we have had some teething issues with the in-room technology, we had hoped that all rooms had been fixed by our technicians, but it appears this is not the case. I am confident that we will be able to work through these issues and offer our guests up to date technology in their rooms for them to enjoy.

As with all new Hotel openings, we are going to make mistakes and find issues with the development, please be assured that the Hotel 115 team are passionate about offering a great service and will continue to strive every day to improve and make any necessary changes to the development to offer a Premier product.

The Hotel is in a great location with door to door access to the trams and the CBD, plus Kew is a beautiful area and we hope that guests enjoy being somewhere different and trying a new hotel experience.

I do appreciate you taking the time to pass on your comments.

Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

For a newly established venue, 115 surely delighted us. The staff were friendly, the decor calm and looking onto functioning beer vats is fascinating.

The meals were delightful and filling, a rarity in a venue of this calibre. I highly recommend the pork belly ssam.

I didn't stay in a room, but if they have paid as much attention to the accommodation business as they have the bar and grill, they are fit for a king.

• Stayed: August 2012

Hi Dean,

Thank you for your positive comments, I will most certainly pass these onto the team.

The Beer Vats are certainly fully functional with our 3rd beer a Pilsner due this Friday. I have to wholeheartedly agree with your comments on the Pork Belly Saam, it is a personal favourite of mine. I did have a little giggle at your comments in regards to the accommodation, "fit for a king", as the king beds in the rooms are amazing, one of the best sleep experiences you will have.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kew
Quality Suites Beaumont Kew
#1 of 2 in Box Hill
Glenferrie Hotel
Glenferrie Hotel
#123 of 161 in Melbourne

Been to Hotel 115 Kew, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!