Hotel 115 Kew, BW Premier Collection
Glenferrie Hotel(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$100
$92
Travelocity
Amora Hotel Riverwalk Melbourne(Richmond)(Great Value!)
$142
City East Motel(Abbotsford)
$68
$63
Agoda.com
Comfort Hotel East Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$106
$91
Hotels.com
Quest Alphington(Alphington)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsvalet parkingmicro breweryrecommend this hotelcomfortable bedshappy hourrain showerglenferrie roadin housefront doorgreat showermac minibest westernscity centrefree wifibusiness tripa great staypremier king
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I did not stay in this hotel, but visited the restaurant downstairs as I am a local, and I must say; I was most impressed.

The service was excellent and the food was great. The decor and the bar are immaculate.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Ivan S, Manager at Hotel 115 Kew, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your great feedback on the restaurant, we are recieving good support from the locals. I am not sure if you are a beer person, but the Micro Brewery is up and running now, with the Amber and Pale Ale's now ready and on tap in the bar. The Pilsner is due early next week. We have built some great tasting paddles, so you can sample the range.

I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

On a cold Sunday my husband & I went out to lunch at the Hotel Restuarant. Services was good. Lots of things to choose from. We tried 4 shared plates. Pork,Fish ,Prawns & a beef. All very good. We also waited for the apple tart to be cooked . Well worth the waited. To finish we moved next door to have a drink in the in house brewery. It was a bit of fun.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Hello,

I am glad that you enjoyed your Sunday lunch here recently. 115 Grill & Brewhouse is doing extremely well, we were very lucky to secure a superb Executive Chef in Stefan Blee. Our guests are really enjoying the shared dish concept for starters, it allows you to try more than one flavour and makes eating out a relaxing experience. You can also let the Chef order for you, which I really enjoy. Every week we are getting a little busier and with positive feedback.

For those Sundays that you are looking for something to do, we are about to commence Sunday Open Mic sessions for a little fun, plus we are doing a Winemakers Lunch on Sunday 9th September with T'Gallant wines, 4 courses $95. It should be a great afternoon.

Once again thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback and we look forward to seeing you back at the Hotel soon.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Arrival at the Best Western revealed a brand new building about 30 mins from the City ( $30 taxi fare). Check in was pleasant and quick with friendly staff. The room was new as would be expected and very well laid out although freezing when I walked in. Everything was going fine until I tried to use the television. Huge screen and impressive looking but a nightmare to use. All I could get was the computer screen and after three phone calls to reception still no luck. No amount of pushing buttons could change anything. So whilst I am waiting for someone to arrive to fix it I try to find the room service menu. Reception says "Its on the TV" But I cant get the tv to work !!!

45 mins of waiting for someone to arrive and finally I am up and running.

If I had to give some advice then it would be don't get lost in the technology. Put a room service menu in the room. Give some clear instructions on how to use the television just like they give a quick start guide with a new printer. As a frequent traveller on business I usually stay in the City but thought would give the suburbs a try.

Im afraid it looks like back to the city next time. Little complaint I agree but when you have been working all day and paying decent room rates then you expect a little better.

Very easy to fix and no other problems

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent visit.

The Hotel has invested in up to date technology in the rooms, with the Apple Mac Minis which allow guests to watch TV, select movies and basically make the TV into a computer to use the internet, it is great technology but unfortunately as you have commented we have had some initial teething problems with the system.

In general the idea is to reduce the volume of paperwork required in Hotel Rooms and allow to you find all the information that you need on the TV, however in saying that I agree with your comments and we will go ahead and place in the rooms a printed quick help guide for the TV to assist in the navigation.

I sincerely apologise for our delay in getting to your room to assist with the TV, this is certainly not a normal timeframe that we respond to guest issues, on this actual night the Hotel doubled in occupancy within 4 hours due to Melbourne CBD being extremely busy and we pushed ourselves to keep up. As a brand new hotel it allowed us to test our systems and show us that we need to have flexible staffing to allow for such a dramatic pick up. This is currently being put into action.

Once again, the Team at Hotel 115 apologise for the interruptions during your stay and thanks you for your feedback; it does assist us to better understand where we are doing well and what areas we need to fine tune to deliver the standard of Hotel experience that we are striving for.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Stayed here for a couple of nights in this brand new hotel. We had a two bedroom apartment; well equipped. Free wifi and fantastic TV/apple computer in each room. All hotels should be like this!
A bit out of Melbourne, but the tram stops at the hotel and takes about 20 mins to get to the centre of town.
Good restaurant and bar complete with own micro-brewery. (beers from mid August)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank al_in_muscat
Ivan S, Owner at Hotel 115 Kew, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Hi,

Thank you for your positive feedback about our new Hotel. We are also as excited about the Technology in the rooms, with the Apple Mac Mini's, which allow you to do so much more than just a normal TV.

The Micro Brewery is now up and running, the Amber Ale is now pouring in the bar, the Pale Ale is ready today (we all can't wait to try this one, a personal favourite of mine) and our Pilsner is ready early next week.

We would love to see you back at the Hotel, even if it is just to try one of the new beers.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Stayed in a two-bedroom suite for two nights, staff were friendly and accommodating, room was very spacious and has the quality you would expect from a five-star property.

The suite could have done with a coffee table in front of the lounge and the television occasionally froze but otherwise could not fault. Extremely comfortable beds, showerhead was amazing and a great location if you don't want to stay right in the CBD and the quality of the rooms for the price is second-to-none.

Unfortunately didn't get to experience the hotel facilities, but will definitely come back again.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Ivan S, Manager at Hotel 115 Kew, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for your feedback, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to Hotel 115. We are very excited about being the first 4.5 Star Best Western Hotel in Australasia. We recieve glowing comments about the beds and the showerheads, so much we are looking to sell the beds direct for guests wanting to have the hotel experience at home.

The staff are the corner stone to our guest experience and it is great to hear they looked after you well. Thank you for your comments on the coffee tables, they would be a great addition to the room and I have passed this onto the owners to look at installing ASAP.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel 115 in the near future.