“Couldn't ask for more”

Di Palmas's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #5 of 92 Restaurants in Kew
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Di Palmas's Restaurant & Bar has been making #woodfiredpizza since 1988, so you could call us the original wood fired pizza restaurant.
Canberra, Australia
“Couldn't ask for more”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

In town on business I came here with local friends who dine here frequently. We visited on a Thursday night and they were very busy. The service was excellent - friendly, helpful expedient and importantly - with lots of smiles!

I started with some housemade croquettes which were roughly incredible. I can't find it on the online menu but from memory they had prociutto and a blue cheese in them. I think I could have ordered a bowl of these! My friends had the calamari which they loved.

For the main I savored the homemade agnalotti filled with mixed mushrooms, spinach and goats cheese finished with a burnt butter sauce. Yes. It's as good as it sounds. My friend had the 250g rib eye and a seafood pizza.

We all enjoyed our meals immensely. I have no doubt my friends will be back and I certainly will if I'm headed out to Kew when I return to Melbourne!

• Visited November 2012
dimitrikotov, Guest Relations Manager at Di Palmas's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
We're thrilled to hear about the wonderful time you had at Di Palma's. Next time you're in Kew, be sure to pop by and say hello!

Macedon, Australia
“Avoid a busy night”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Having dined here many times the food is always of the same consistent high standard. However on this particular busy night, 1hr & 40 minutes after ordering, our main meals arrived, this was after a couple of enquires to our waitress! An apology from the waitress on the lengthy wait would have been appreciated! On this night we avoided dessert as didn't wish for a further wait and departed after coffees.
Would dine here again but earlier in the week when not so busy!

• Visited August 2012
dimitrikotov, Guest Relations Manager at Di Palmas's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Hi Pamela, we're glad to hear that you're dining experience has always been of a high standard at Di Palma's. We're constantly working to improve the waiting time for our patrons, particularly during busy periods, and have implemented a number of measures that will reduce your waiting time in the future. We hope to see again soon.
Melbourne, Australia
“too many chances”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Di palma's is always full, so they are ding something right.

Personally on the 3 occasions i have visted Di Palma's as a local i have either been dissapointed, by price, service, or food.

One thing that is great living in Kew is that we have no shortage of restaurants to choose from.

Like I say, Di Palmas is always busy though...

• Visited April 2012
We're sorry to hear that your dining experience at Di Palma's hasn't met your expectations. We're constantly refining our menu and improving upon our service. If you have any special requests, please notify our staff when booking, so we can ensure you have the best dining experience.
Melbourne, Australia
“Di Palmas Hawthorn”
Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

Went to Di Palmas in Hawthorn, I am assuming its owned by the same people.

The food was very good, tasty pizza and the gnocchi was beautiful. The service was great, polite and hospitable.

3 Thank 14deg
We're glad to hear that you enjoyed our wood fired pizza and gnocchi. We pride ourselves on being one of the very first wood fired pizza establishments in Melbourne, and continue to provide an impeccable dining experience at both our Hawthorn and Kew locations.
Melbourne
“A wonderful local with a great wine list”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Dined here as part of a mount avoca wine dinner. The food, service & atmosphere was great. We will be back!

We're glad to hear you had a wonderful time. We have a number of wine appreciation nights planned this year as well :)