“Positively relaxing.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Resort Phillip Island

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ramada Resort Phillip Island
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Cowes
“Positively relaxing.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

Our stay was after 1 week in a Motor-home and 1 week at Ramada.The cottage (203) was in perfect condition, the surrounding garden needed some attention but still looking nice.
I personally don't like crisp linen so I used my own that I had in our Motor-home. The pool was excellent being deep enough as my family and I are tall, also big enough for lots of people too. Needed more chairs around the pool though. We didn't use the Numbers restaurant but we did go to Woodfired Pizzeria, I didn't like them but the rest of the family loved them. Mixed results there.
We had an awesome time there. Thanks Wyndham.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Mooz1961
RamadaPhillipIsland, General Manager at Ramada Resort Phillip Island, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Mooz1961:

We particularly appreciate positive feedback about our Resort as this is a great way for the team to realise that we are delivering on our Count On Me! service promise. It is very rewarding for the team when we share this feedback directly with them.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Ramada Phillip Island.

Ramada Phillip Island

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

Given the mixed reviews, we did not know what to expect. We stayed here one night mid-week with friends in a two bedroom cabin. The cabin felt spacious because of its layout and the high ceiling. The kitchen was well equipped. The place was clean and all the negative comments about the cabins did not happen to us which were a relief. One down side, the spa pool was not as clean as we expected and the ladder leading up the spa was steep and narrow.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Skye2011
Dear Skye 2011:

It is great to receive feedback from our guest in relation to the resort as it enables us to improve upon both the standard's of service and presentation at the resort and ensure we meet our guests expectations .

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

I read the reviews recently posted and had booked three nights with my family so I was a bit wary. Well, what a surprise! The resort is clean, the units are well kept, the pools are clean and the full buffet hot breakfasts wonderful. We will definitely return and urge others to give this wonderful holiday resort a fair go.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Melinda B
RamadaPhillipIsland, General Manager at Ramada Resort Phillip Island, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Melinda B ,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback to us regarding your recent stay here at Ramada Phillip Island. We greatly appreciate your comments, as they help us in our effort to continually improve our level of service.

I am glad to here that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the resort on your next visit to Ramada Phillip Island

Scone, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

the place looks un-kept and uncared for, certainly not a standard that Wyndham should present to owner or guests, the Villas are a standard for a top end caravan park.
Amenities - Spa had scum on it - Pool had something sitting on the bottom Not sure what the little log thing was - BBQ 4 days and the plates still have not ben cleaned.
Broadband access Tomizone appears to be on holiday as well, I'm still waiting for a return call so I could use the broadband. A waste of money for wyndham to have subcontracted this serviced .

Needs a big clean up and a look at what the resort is there for.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank AndrewKJ
Dear Andrew ,
Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding your recent stay here at Ramada Phillip Island. We greatly appreciate your comments, as they help us in our effort to continually improve our level of service.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience that you encountered during your stay at Ramada Phillip Island.

Thank you again for your feedback in regards to the areas that we need to focus upon, I have shared your feedback with our Maintenance and Grounds Team so that we can ensure that we lift the levels of both the property's presentation and cleanliness .

Andrew, I want you to know how much we appreciate your visit to the resort, and how much we value you as a guest. We hope that you will give us another opportunity at Ramada Phillip Island in the future. I am confident we will exceed your expectations. Thank you again for your comments.

Ramada Phillip Island

Travelers are raving about these Cowes hotels

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

our family of 4 stayed in villa 238 back in early september ,on arrival we were pleasantly welcomed and the children given welcome to fiji coloring packs...i guess waste not want not a pleasant gesture none the less.on arrival at our villa we were greeted with the stench of urine and dirty cigarette stubs on the ground and upon opening the doors found the floors still sopping wet from the cleaners .dirty stained couches a tiny back deck for what reason?the kids bedroom window would not close and the bed was right beside it,i think there was a nest of mice living in her bottom mattress as there was a hole in it with droppings inside(yes i did take a pic) it was quite cold so we tried turning on the wall heater but this was not working the air conditioning heating unit was just blowing out luke warm air,NO ELECTRIC BLANKETS!! NO SPARE BLANKETS OR PILLOWS!none of the 5 remotes had any batteries that were any good. we decided to try out the pool in the 2nd health club spa the ladder was very loose but you had no choice not to use it as it was the only way in or out of the place. the walls were quite cracked and the room was generally run down but we did not mind this as the pool was lovely and warm and quite pleasant to swim in.we then decided to have a spa which was also quite green around the outside on the wood we did enjoy our spa/swim and the view of the tennis court (which also very very slippery and mossy) and our first night regardless of our unkempt environment.
our second day was quite different we went out for our activities and came back around 4pm.we decided to go for a swim and spa before dinner ,the pool was quite cold so we thought we would just have a spa it also was quite cool so we decide to head back to the villa on stepping out of the spa i slipped on the very slippery green wooden decking and hit my back on the first and second steps,my poor behind also sported quite a bit of a hard landing also i was in so much pain and i kept on slipping as the whole area was quite slippery and i required a towel(my own as there were no complimentary pool towels) laid down to even be able to get some gripping to get up.i went back to the villa with a hurt pride and a bad pain and had a hot shower and went to bed. the next day i felt like i had been hit by a truck,i decided to go up to the front desk and let them know what had happened,i was asked to fill in an incident report which i did and offered and appointment to the hospital or the doctor, which on proof of receipt of payment they would refund the cost of doctor fee and and medication incurred. i went off to the doctor and she told me i had indeed severely bruised my spine and coccyx area she prescribed pain relief and ordered an xray to be done.i paid the fee and went back to the resort only to be told i had to wait for the general manager to receive the email an contact me back.well we were offered a$20 pizza voucher to the resort for dinner as the receptionist was very sympathetic.we spent the rest of our holiday indoors the kids were miserable because the pool/spa area had been closed off so there was no swimming for the kids at all i could hardly move and hubby wasn't a happy camper! on arrival home i have since been to the doctor weekly for physio and have been in constant pain since.the general manager
(MARK) did call ONCE still promising reimbursement and gave the excuse it had been flooding and the surface had "washed away in the flood" i do have the "happy snaps" which tell a very different tale but it is now 3 months later with nothing but constant pain to show for our holiday, am highly disappointed as we have stayed at another ramada resort and it was wonderful, will never EVER use this resort or recommend to anyone i wish i had of read these reviews before i booked i would never have stayed.

Room Tip: never stay
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Donna K
Dear Donna ,

Firstly I would like to sincerely apologize for the delay in refunding the medical expenses , this was caused by an internal communication issue and was not meant to inconvenience you in any way or form. Our Front Office Manager will be contacting you directly to facilitate this

Thank you also for taking the time to give us the feedback on the other areas of concern during your stay , unfortunately when we did speak earlier this year you didn't mention the issues in regards to cleanliness or your dissatisfaction with your Cottage as I would have addressed this at the time with you, however I greatly appreciate your comments, as they help us in our effort to continually improve our levels of service and will contact you direct so that we can discuss the issues you raised.

I have shared your feedback with both our Housekeeping and Maintenance Team so that we ensure that we improve upon the standards of cleanliness and Maintenance in our Cottages and Grounds as this is not the standard that we offer here at the resort

Donna , I want you to know that we appreciate your visit to the resort, and how much we value you as a guest, again I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you .

Mark Fr
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

I found Ramada Resort a nice place to getaway from Melbourne for a family with young kids. There are plenty of activities to keep them occupied and Phillip Island Wildlife Park is just across the road.

The units are are in pretty good condition.

I will be going there again very soon for the 3rd time!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear pkua:

We particularly appreciate positive feedback from our return guests as this is a great way for our team to realise that we are delivering true Count On Me! service and making Holiday dreams come true .

Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Ramada Phillip Island.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

Would have to say the cottages are only Basic at best.. I booked expecting what the name says - a resort!! What I got was a unit which you would expect in a caravan park
What I was greeted to on arrival was a moat of water around the cottage ( yes it had rained) about 75mm deep (drain blocked)and a muddy path to the unit. The decking and outdoor setting covered in bird poo. the garden looked like it had been attacked with a brushcutter with litter that had been cut up instead of being picked up. There was a door at end of the deck which I opened up only to find empty beer bottles and takeaway rubbish inside it !! So much for cleanliness!!!!
Enter the cottage and you'll find no carpet...just chipboard floors. The Bathroom is the smallest I've seen (If you are a large person....forget having a shower...it is TINY). The Bedroom has a King bed???... its 2 single beds pushed together. One thing on plus side is the kitchen.is of decent size
All up...for the price it was disappointing !!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank benkirst
Dear Kate H ,

My apologies that our Cottages did not meet your expectations and for the lack of attention to detail in regards to the cleaning . I have spoken with our Housekeeping Team in regards to this
as it was not up to our standard of cleanliness

In regards to the Ant Issue this does occur from time to time due to the high levels of rainfall we receive here on Phillip Island , we have an ongoing pest control program to combat this issue .

I would like to Thank you for your feedback in regards to the areas that we need to focus upon, we are currently striving to lift both the facilities and services within the Resort to ensure that we meet our Guests Expectation's

Kate, I want you to know how much we appreciate your visit to the resort, and how much we value you as a guest. We hope that you will give us another opportunity at Ramada Phillip Island in the future. I am confident we will exceed your expectations. Thank you again for your comments.

Mark F
Ramada Phillip Island
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cowes
The Castle Villa by the Sea
Comfort Resort Kaloha
Seahorse Motel
Seahorse Motel
#2 of 10 in Cowes

Been to Ramada Resort Phillip Island? Share your experiences!