“Absolutely amazingly beautiful”
Review of Youki's - CLOSED

Youki's
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Authentic Japanese food with friendly service! Open 7 days (except Christmas Day) from 10am til 7.30pm. Fresh Sushi, Rice Paper Rolls and wide range of Hot Food. Takeaway or Dining in.
Reviewed April 12, 2013

After working 6 weeks solid with out a day off my partner and I decided to go out for dinner, so glad we chose youki's the food was amazing the staff were all very pleasant and helpful. We will defiantly be making this a regular visit. Thanks all at Youki's

Reviewed April 11, 2013

My family had a great evening dining here. We were surprised at the crowd even though it was a Wednesday evening. Located in the town of Cowes, this Japanese restaurant served pretty decent Japanese cuisine. It is likely that the chef/cook is a 'nihon-jin'.

We ordered a good selection of food, ranging from the pork gyoza to niku jaga to kaki age tempura to buta kaku to sashimi. Everything was delectable.

The Japanese green tea that we ordered came with an individual tea pot for each person.

Just a suggestion to those intending to order the pork gyoza. If you do not like the taste of vinegar, request that the vinegar sauce be separated from the gyozas. The default is that they will mix it with the gyozas. My son, whom usually loves gyozas, did not have many as he did not like the vinegar taste.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We were in Phillip Island for a racing weekend and wanted to have one night on our own to spoil ourselves amongst all of the activities surrouding the sprint weekend. Youki was recommended by readers on Trip Advisor and the choice confirmed by a colleague who has a house there.

The first thing you notice is the very friendly welcome you receive when you get there. The staff were really lovely - very helpful and very quick. The restaurant itself has a good informal ambience and we sat outside on a covered terrace with a heat lamp. The food was delicious - some combinations I have never heard of - always wonderful to experiment. You are encouraged to share your plates here, which is a great idea as you get to try so many flavours and styles of food. Their signature dish I believe is the seafood tempura - very light and delicious. I also really enjoyed the chilli beef - choose some things you wouldn't normally think of choosing and be surprised!

Another real highlight? The sake tasting menu! Now that was worth doing! Some of the most delicious sake's I've ever tasted, my favourite being a lemon flavoured sake which is not at all harsh - very smooth like Limoncello.

I would definitely go back here - it's worth booking to get a good table and give yourself time to enjoy a variety of very tantalising dishes! Be sure to try some sake too - some of them you can't buy retail so it's worth the tasting!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We went with our toddler and were greeted with outstanding service, fast and friendly and the food was outstanding.
We eat out in Japanese restaurants all the time in Melbourne and were SO impressed tonight.
Yum!!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

My husband and I have recently spent 6 nights at Cowes, involved with the Historic Car Races run by VHRR. We have been to Phillip Island some 14-15 times over the past 24 years. We love Japanese food and have bought food before from the Japanese takeaway at lunch time,(Chapel St) and have loved this. It was absolutely a stunning experience to dine twice at Youki's, to meet Youki, and his parents Peter and Sayuri. The standard of the food, presentation, service, and friendly staff made for delightful evenings. The restaurant was recommended by the owners of the Caravan Park, Amaroo, next door. We have been eating Japanese food for 24 years, and always look forward to another excellent Japanese dining experience. The Panko Crumbed Oysters and Combined Seafood Stack were stunning and were on our menu for the 2 nights. All foods and drinks were very reasonably priced. Thanks to you all at Youki's. Brian and Lyn, Newcastle